New (to me) suit and some questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cwhitpan

Contributor
Reaction score
Schwenksville, Pennsylvania, United States
# of dives
25 - 49
I picked up a leftover demo CLX 450. I can't WAIT to get it wet next week!

It was a rental/trainer suit with hardly any use (I am 6'5" so not too many fit in it!)

It has the training/rental tag on the colar and the first question is can that be removed?

Second is, how would one add one of the Bellows pockets to the suit?

Thanks so much!
Chris

Hi Chris -

Congratulations! Sounds like you came across a great find! We can send you a DUI Drysuit manual for it or you can download one on our website.

The tag on the collar can be removed. And yes you can add a bellows pocket. The cost to add a zippered bellows pocket at the DUI factory is $140.00. I would strongly suggest that you have the factory folks install the pocket. If you had a neoprene exterior drysuit installing a pocket yourself is much easier. Trying to glue the pocket onto the CLX is much more difficult.

If you do send this in to the factory send along a note and ask them to remove the training/rental tag.

If you want to try and remove the tag yourself be careful with the amount of solvent you use to remove the adhesive. If you use to much you can remove the adhesive that keeps the neoprene on the warm neck collar.

If you enjoy the drysuit just as it is - minus the pocket - my suggestion would be to dive it as it is. Leaving the rental/training tag in place. It's always good for surface interval chit chat. When you're drysuit is ready for service send it to the experts at the factory and let them remove the tag and add the pocket. Plus whatever else might be needed.

Enjoy your new DUI. Remember to register for DOGs Register as a DOG Member Here

Thank you for the response Kathy!

I am excited about the suit. Going to get it wet this weekend.

Was the price you gave just for the install? or the pocket installed?

THanks again!

If you send it back for a pocket install, get two. DUI will install the Halcyon pockets too, if you send them to them--I like the zippered flap for small items.

Chris,

Have fun this weekend. If you have questions after the dive let us know.

The price above includes the pocket and installation. Installing pockets does not require a test and evaluation fee. If we need to test for leaks or do a repair/service that requires pressure test and evaluation that fee is $65.00.

Yes we can install Halcyon pockets too.

Have a great time!!!!

Kathy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom