New to it all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will run if I hear someone at the door. I do like the idea of doing the tub thing. I think that I will try that one night and then just wear the mask and snorkle around the house the rest of the time. =-)

cobaltbabe once bubbled...
I spent yesterday watching tv with my mask and snorkel on. Not a nice site but I will learn to breath through it or I will end up passed out on the floor!:)

Why not fill up your bathtub learn that way?

I also go to the pool on the weekends (or at least plan to), I may take it there and wear it for a while. :D

it is a bit of a hassle with the snorkle getting to my mouth, face when i am underwater. But on the surface swim especially, it helps you preserve air on your tank :)

more air = more bottom time :D

There is only 1 exercise snorkle/regulator exchange in the PADI OW , dont sweat it.

I am not too worried about it to be honest. I was more worried about the laps that I have to do to pass PADI, and to be honest I am not worried about that anymore. I am just really REALLY excited about doing this. Can't wait till I can get out in the water. I have an opportunity to go to Cyprus and I want to be certified to go there. :eek:ut:

You didn't really say what your objection was. My wife had trouble initially, too. She felt like she couldn't get enough air. So we got her a bigger bore snorkel and that solved the problem.

So, in case that's YOUR problem...

I wouldn't worry about the snorkle deal.

Like someone else has already said, there is only one objective that you have do with snorkle/reg. swap, and it's easy. It's not like you have to be able to find you snorkle with you mouth, you get to grab to snorkle, and bring it to your mouth. Simple as pie.

And if I got you right, you were worried about the confined water exercises. Well since you haven't started them yet, if you can swim 200yds, and float for 10 minutes, no worries. You don't have to swim with anything and most instructors don't care how you do it.

I did 100yds freestyle, and 100yrd with a breath stroke. Made it simple. The worst part about it, was I was in the worst shape of anyone in my class, they started before me, and I finished like 5 minutes before every one else.

Hope to see ya on the bottom!

Back
Top Bottom