New to it all

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobaltbabe

Diva of the Deep
Reaction score
I am just getting into diving and am totally looking forward to it. I already have my dive partner and haven't even taken PADI yet. The only problem I have right now is breathing though the snorkle. I can handle the regulator but not the snorkle. I am wearing it for a hour a night to get use to it but any advise would be greatly appreciated. I can't wait to join the certified!!!

What kind of snorkel do you use ? I have a dry snorkel so i dont get any water in my mouth, if you need practice go snorkeling !! spend an hour in the ocean/pool/river bath tub wherever. Most of the people on these boards dont seem to like their snorkles but I used mine quite a bit last time I went to maui.

I can handle the regulator as well, but I hate to snorkle. Snorkling in the pool is one thing, but snorkling in the ocean.... eehhhh, that worries me. I need to work on that.

I have also started spending alot of time in the pool doing laps. Trying to get my legs stronger. Ouch! But my dive partner doesn't mind. I will be able to keep up with him, I hope. :jester:

oh, I'm sure you will
he's pretty slow :wink:

i had trouble using the snorkel and with my fear of open water and deep water. I thought that |I would never manage to pas my open water course and after a few minutes on the surface and all the practising in the pool I think I have cracked it. My partner is one of these annoying people who takes to the water like a fish. But I would go with using it in the bath as it does help believe me.

Good luck

I spent yesterday watching tv with my mask and snorkel on. Not a nice site but I will learn to breath through it or I will end up passed out on the floor!:)

wait 'till the first time you answer the door like that!

:snack:

seriously, usually it's just a case of getting used to only breathing thru your mouth, and getting used to the breathing resistance.
It will come with practice
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom