New to Houston - Looking for GUE/DIR folks to dive with

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There was no hostility, merely an attempt to obtain fair disclosure, which is a question that should not even have to be asked. We get enough jokers around here who pop in pretending to be an everyday satisfied customer, raving madly about some new shop or website or such, and it turns out to be the owner or manager or something.

I've formed no opinions of your shop one way or another but I don't think they've been around long enough to say if they do things right or not. I'm not an advocate for any particular shop. Time will tell if the location is adequate or not.

Our club CHUM is perhaps the most active clubs in the Texas diving community and strongly promotoes the diving industry. We are always very interested in acquiring new members and learning of new LDS opportunities. Our membership includes many LDS owners, instructors, and other influential players. We welcome everyone. Play it above the board and your shop will be more than welcomed and discussed, as we did recently with Gander Mountain. In fact, I would like to stop by sometime real soon to talk with you and the owners/managers in person.

bradowitz:
Anyone in the Houston area needs to know about a new dive shop called Bubbleheads Scuba. The owners are originally out of Hawaii and California and they know how to run a smart, professional, and friendly dive operation. The really great news is that they will be opening an online dive store that is fully authorized by dealers, so these guys can sell and service gear via the internet and you don't have to worry about getting gray market products, no manufacturer warranty, etc. The shop has a great look and the pool is built right in the sales floor! They're having a grand opening on Saturday, August 19th, with vendor reps, prizes, specials, food, and promos. Anyone wanting to learn to dive in Houston or any divers in Houston should go check these guys out! Go to bubbleheadsscuba.com, or try calling them at: 281-528-7333.

What kind of shop is it (NAUI...PADI...SDI,,,???).

I appreciate the responses. I have not persued any of the suggestions since other things have come up and have kept me quite busy lately.

I would like still like to hear from people who have gone through GUE/DIR classes. I have only done the Fundies class myself. When i can get back into doing some serious diving, people that have had similar training is where I want to pick up on my diving.

Thanks again everyone.

DBU53:
I would like still like to hear from people who have gone through GUE/DIR classes. I have only done the Fundies class myself. When i can get back into doing some serious diving, people that have had similar training is where I want to pick up on my diving.

Thanks again everyone.

Although we are not alaigned with GUE, Sport Divers (281-338-1611) on the SW side of Nasa 1 and I45 does have doubles available to rent. Also checkout chumclub it is a Houston dive club that has a few divers that have done fundies. They have a meeting Thursday night this week.

Randy (one of the owners of Sport Divers)

Great, the owners would love to have some of the local clubs stop by and get to know them. FYI, it is a PADI affiliated shop. Hope to see you on Saturday for the event; the food is being provided by Buffalo Wild Wings and Paul's Pizza. The vendors supplying prizes include: DAN, PADI, Sealife Cameras, Akona, Sherwood, Oceanic, Genesis, and others. Should be a good time. BOB 105.3 FM will be there doing a remote, too. Plus, The Woodlands local newspaper will be out for the event, so if you come by and catch them, it may be a good way to plug CHUM in the paper.

bradowitz:
Great, the owners would love to have some of the local clubs stop by and get to know them. FYI, it is a PADI affiliated shop. Hope to see you on Saturday for the event; the food is being provided by Buffalo Wild Wings and Paul's Pizza. The vendors supplying prizes include: DAN, PADI, Sealife Cameras, Akona, Sherwood, Oceanic, Genesis, and others. Should be a good time. BOB 105.3 FM will be there doing a remote, too. Plus, The Woodlands local newspaper will be out for the event, so if you come by and catch them, it may be a good way to plug CHUM in the paper.

What time does the event start/run for on Saturday?

For those interested, the event for Bubbleheads Scuba is from 10-3 on Saturday. The address: 21326 Kuykendahl Rd., Spring, TX 77379. Phone: 281-528-7333.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom