New to Houston - Looking for GUE/DIR folks to dive with

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DBU53

New
Reaction score
I just moved to the Clear Lake area from Connecticut.
I am looking for a shop or group who use GUE/DIR methods in their diving.
Any information anyone has would be appreciated.

Please Contact-
Don Champlin (you should be able to get his information from Emerald Sea Divers.)
I don’t want to post his email ‘directly’ to the internet.
He provided me with contact information for GUE here in North Texas and I am sure that he could help point you in the right direction.

Emerald Sea Divers
Web- http://www.emeraldseadivers.com/
Phone- (972) 669-DIVE (3483)
Toll Free: (888) 494-7928

If not then you could always contact Mike Kane over on TDS (The Deco stop.)

Welcome to Texas hope you enjoy your new home in the lone star state.

Edited:
add-
These are Halcyon dealers in Texas
Texas

Discover Scuba
2307 Dunlavy
Houston TX 77006
713-523-9055
neartown@discoverscuba.com
www.discoverscuba.com

Emerald Sea Divers
1002 N. Central Expwy. #105
Richardson TX 75080
972-669-3483
mike@emeraldseadivers.com
www.emeraldseadivers.com

American Diving
1 Padre Blvd. Suite 104
S. Padre Island TX 78597
956-761-2030
amdiving1@aol.com
www.divesouthpadre.com

Regards, Andrew

DBU53:
Welcome to Scubaboard. Lots of good folks posting technique, comments, trip reports ...

Willie

Unfortunately, Discover Scuba is gone. Although Art continues to run trips and lessons without the storefront.

DBU53 There are several groups in your area. Your have the lunarfins.com and bay area divers in the clear lake area. My wife and I live on the westside of houston. If you have any ? just PM me, I grew up in Friendswood.

DBU53:
I am looking for a shop or group who use GUE/DIR methods in their diving.
Any information anyone has would be appreciated.

If you are looking for a dive club to join Bay Area Divers meets the last Wednesday of the month at 7:30 PM. The next meeting is on the 26th.

http://www.bayareadivers.org/

Anyone in the Houston area needs to know about a new dive shop called Bubbleheads Scuba. The owners are originally out of Hawaii and California and they know how to run a smart, professional, and friendly dive operation. The really great news is that they will be opening an online dive store that is fully authorized by dealers, so these guys can sell and service gear via the internet and you don't have to worry about getting gray market products, no manufacturer warranty, etc. The shop has a great look and the pool is built right in the sales floor! They're having a grand opening on Saturday, August 19th, with vendor reps, prizes, specials, food, and promos. Anyone wanting to learn to dive in Houston or any divers in Houston should go check these guys out! Go to bubbleheadsscuba.com, or try calling them at: 281-528-7333.

bradowitz:
Anyone in the Houston area needs to know about a new dive shop called Bubbleheads Scuba. Go to bubbleheadsscuba.com, or try calling them at: 281-528-7333.

If the address is correct, they couldn't have picked a worse location, smack dab in what I call the Great Void between 45 and 249, about 10 miles from the nearest freeway and no smooth flowing thoroughfare to reach them. This might be fine for a grocery or restaurant or Walmart that draws from a small local area but a dive shop needs to draw from a large metro area.

BTW, what is your affiliation with this shop? Or are we to believe a New Member just signed up this month already knows about this new shop and finds it the most interesting topic with which to introduce themselves, making 4 identical such posts in various subforums?

No need to be hostile...but since you asked, I am a Divemaster for the new shop, and yes I'm new to ScubaBoard and to Houston. Actually, I grew up here but spent the past several years overseas. This is the first shop I've seen in Houston that does it right. If you think the location is bad; that's your opinion. I'll agree with the traffic - the intersection there averages 100,00 cars per day. I guess that's not in line with a metro area, but it seems to equal a lot of customers. Plus it's a really cool thing to have the pool on location, visible from the parking lot (not to mention the showroom), heated, and these guys don't make you buy unnecessary items like lead weight and training videos - they rent (unless you want to purchase your own). Anyway, if you have loyalty to another shop that's a good thing - they must be doing the right thing for you. If you're interested in meeting new divers and enjoying the sport, come out to the opening party. I would think that a dive club like CHUM (good website, by the way) would like to make some new contacts for potential members.

If you're going to plug your shop, would you mind disclosing your affiliation either in the plug or better yet in your signature? Thanks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom