New to Falling Rock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SHILSIS

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have been certified for 39 years but haven't done much diving during the past several years. I have a 12 year old grandson that wanted to become a certified diver. I wanted to go thru a refresher course and get at the same time help my grandson to become a C diver so I signed him up in May of 2009. He became Certified on June 7th of 2009. I went thru the whole course myself as an observer - the instructor is an old school friend of mine and he let me do this. I took all the test again and even took the written test - and passed. The instructor allowed me to go on all of the OW dives with the class so I stayed in the background and watched mostly. I watched everthing my grandson did and I know where his weaknesses are - minor at best - so now he and I are going to visit my Naval son who is stationed at Virgina Beach, Va this coming week. While there my grandson and I will go diving on a wreck called the Tiger. This will be his "baptism of fire" to the Ocean. I am looking forward to this very much.

I'll post more later.

Hello there & Welcome! I've dove Falling rock a few times, but since I live in the more western parts of the state, I tend to dive more at Pennyroyal in Hopkinsville. You might look in on the KY Piranha Patrol. Falling rock is sort of the "home base" for the KPP. Many good & friendly divers over your way. Hope to meet up with you some day, if I can make my way back there again.:cool2:

Welcome to SB! Hope to see you at FRP sometime this year. Also enjoy your trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom