New to Diving which reg?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will give a +1 to Oceanic regs, as Chim mentioned. I went with them because I liked their reputation and they have solid products at a decent price. My choices were the Delta 4 along with the Octo swiv and couldn't imagine being happier with anything else. Customer service is top-notch as well - just take a look at the Oceanic forum here on SB and you'll see their rep, Doug is very active and helpful with any questions or issues.

Just make sure you know what the yearly service costs are going to be. You're going to want to consider the inconvenience/cost of sending in the reg for service. Is the retailer an authorized dealer? If not, you don't get the warranty and parts for the annual service can really add up.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not one to preach the praises of the LDS, get the best deal you can, it's your hard earned money. Just make sure that all factors are considered before jumping at the lowest price.

One more thing to consider, in this economic environment your local LDS is far more willing to negotiate a lower price. I recently was able to price-match an online dealer for a significant savings on a dive computer. The second shop I called accepted my offer. Capitalism in action.

Best of luck to you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom