New to diving Lanier, would like a buddy for when equipment is ready in a few weeks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adder70

Contributor
Reaction score
So, I am getting my tanks hydro'd and my regs serviced (years since I dove) and I am losing 20 lbs ASAP.

My reward for the 20 lbs will be a trip back to the N Fl. springs for a couple of days of diving, and I'd like to get wet at least once before the trip. (I'd also like to make a habit of getting wet from now on!)

Anyone interested in showing me the lay of the water around June 11th?

I am ready to go,I can give you the twenty five cent tour. I usually dive off my pontoon boat,the rip rap on the dam would probably be a good place to start you out at,the water is clearer there than anywhere else on the lake. There is usually quite a few fish around the rocks in that area with a few fishing rods and boat anchors for a bonus. What types and thickness of wetsuits do you have,the water is still fairly cold 5-7 mm needed,a 3mm will work as long as you stay above the thermocline but would probably be pretty cool. Anyone else want to go let me know.

Things got so hectic I only just got my equipment back from service yesterday. Haven't lost the weight either. :shakehead: Oh well.

Still hoping to get wet soon, probably in August.

I have a 3mm with a 5mm hooded vest (and gloves; hightop booties might fit, but haven't worn them in a while.)

Back
Top Bottom