New to diving dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HDrider

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok I am gonna set myself up LOL.

I just orderd my first drysuit the other day. I have always just toughed it out in the cold but since getting into Tec diving I have decided that the cold for extended time may be more than I can tolerated.

Now being of weak bladder would any of you seasoned dry divers have any suggestions other than Depends:confused:

Hoping to remain dry drysuit diver.

if you don't want to have to wear depends, i think installing a pee valve into your dry suit will be your only option. I'm interested in seeing what everyone else suggests.

Pee before you dive

P-Valves are easy to install and keep clean. The down side to depends is you get cold after the "act".

Eric

Originally posted by HDrider
Hoping to remain dry drysuit diver.
Dear Harley,
Yes.... install a P-valve.... comfort for a few bucks more.... and it is great relief to just pee freely uw.... we hydrate a lot now before dives.... and feel better all over for it.

I personally have gone with Halcyon P-valves on both suits.

Whacking a hole in a new suit is the hardest part for some folks... so if you can't bring yourself to do it have a friend do it for you.... a good friend.... oh, and be sure they use a backer board inside the suit so you don't end up with an entrance & and exit wound.

I only have about 40 dives on my drysuit, but so far I have not had a problem with having to pee so bad I couldn't wait......even on a dive where I spent over 3 hours in the water.. I WILL be installing a p-valve soon, because I have noticed that I tend to drink less(not consciously) when I am diving dry than when diving wet. I have a small "camelback" system(usually filled with gatorade) that I hang with my deco bottle to remain hydrated during deco.

Get a p-valve - that's the way to go, IMO.

Mike

I hydrate well and I am often in the water up to 3 hours. No problems yet but....

I have just ordered a new suit, self donning . I should be able to crack that zipper just enough :)

Really ,it is self donning and I should have ordered with the P valve but I forgot. Whites wanted over a hundred bucks fot it

Ron

Originally posted by Ron Brandt
I should have ordered with the P valve but I forgot. Whites wanted over a hundred bucks fot it
Best $100 you'll spend.... buy a Halcyon balanced and put it in yourself...

And for all you guys diving balanced Halcyon P-valves...
Leave the bolt out so you don't a) forget to open it b) snag it on something c) restrict your business...

Use a small zip tie to attach the bolt to a small bolt snap and clip it off in your pocket... if you should need it, it is easy to twist off of the bolt snap breaking the zip tie...

Back
Top Bottom