new to diving and want to know if i should get nitrox cert

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This will inevitably start a fight on this board but I am a firm believer in the ability of voodoo gas decreasing the fatigue felt after an air dive. I can't say that I've done a double blind study but I have dove before where I forgot that I was on air instead of nitrox and later found myself wondering why I couldn't stay awake past 7pm. Then I remembered. Oh ya...

if money is no issue, take the course. theres no substitute for more knowledge and experience. (and other than your DRYsuit, you mentioned having all of your gear... which is ironic and funny to me since in my world there is no such possibility)

i cant say i believe or disbelieve in the quote above, but i can openly admit to asking myself the same question and wondering if it wasn't the 21% over the 32% or whatever other mix .... i DO believe it effects everybody in a slightly different manner but i also believe people have changed their biological state when only on placebo ... so my opinion on this may be moot, however my opening statement can rarely be argued against ...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom