New to Diving! And have a few questions...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MindeeO,
Welcome to the wonderful world of scuba. Be patient and work on everything slowly. Navigation and bouyancy are probably two of the most difficult things in scuba. It takes time and practice. Like Jim said, there is nothing wrong with a head down descent as long as you can equalize and level out at depth. Keep playing with different weight distrobution until you find what works for you. A backplate and wing configuration may help or not depending on how you wear your weights and where they are currently placed.

Thanks! I am already anxious to go again, and see what I can do. I will look into a backplate and wing configuration, if needed, but am hoping with a bit of time and effort things start to become a tad easier. I really enjoy being in water and cannot wait to get somewhere with something to see!

MindeeO,
Welcome to the wonderful world of scuba. Be patient and work on everything slowly. Navigation and bouyancy are probably two of the most difficult things in scuba. It takes time and practice. Like Jim said, there is nothing wrong with a head down descent as long as you can equalize and level out at depth. Keep playing with different weight distrobution until you find what works for you. A backplate and wing configuration may help or not depending on how you wear your weights and where they are currently placed.

Hi Mindeeo,

Not a lot i can add to whats already been said. It will just take more dives to get your configuration right for you. It will come. My wife was the same, it took a few dives to get her sorted out. She needs the following to be comfortable:

500g weight on each knee
500g on each of the ankles to descend (removed when past 5m and I take them)
Integrated weight BCD dont recall the weight but its even on both sides
and haha, 750g weight on one side of the trim tank bands.

Keep diving ad enjoy!!!

Mark

Thanks. Glad to know I was onto something with weight on the surface but not at depth. I'm looking forward to warmth so we can dive again.

Claudia on the Olympia Maru - YouTube

Here she is wreck diving, she is TH5 paralyze and if she can do it you can do it :)

Regards,

Mark

When is the next dive? We are on our way! :)

Also, glad to see that some of my novice ideas (using webbed gloves, etc.) are used by others who are more experienced. I would love to do a wreck dive. My brother dived years ago, and had primarily done wreck diving. This was a major inspiration for me to dive (in addition to my husband's interest!!).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom