New surface support uniform...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Light the green batik lava-lava I tried on in the Lucaya marketplace this is probably a great attention getter for women if worn briefly . Now walking around on a regular basis? Not me. But hey, we all love a sport that combines rubber suits, harnesses and KY, so who are we to say?

As a long time bagpiper and kilt wearer, I'll pass on to you bunch of Sasannachs just why it is called a kilt. Because that's what happens to some guy that calls it a SKIRT.

And yes, I've heard every bad joke about both bagpipes and kilts that has ever been told. :)

Now if I could just figure out how to play the pipes under water.....

...drop by a Florida Conch' Diver's Megadive if you want to see manly men in kilts...

(if I had the money and already possessed all the other things I'd like to buy with that unit of money, I'd own one. :) I wore a kilt once and loved it)

I love it! - BUT! You must assure me as I will be.... Regimental and must pass the mirror test.

If you look at it - they are absoutely practical. The most deadly time for someone who wears pants is first thing in the morning when duties must be attended to. A pants wearer must run with his pants around his ankles should an attack occur. A loincloth or a kilt wearer has no worries. Should an attack occur at an inopportune time they just stand up and run.

Regimental means - well you know....

I couldn't agree more... What the hell? Are there men out there actually WEARING these things? In public?? :11::shakehead:

Yes, there are. If your unlucky enough to follow me on a dive wearing one you'll never be the same again.

Depending on when/if I am working Medieval Faire's or just being a goof and relaxing, a kilt is really much more comfy than haning out in even.. I duno, neon pink spandex I suppose. Take my word for it though, do NOT under any cicrumstances decide that for whatever reason doing a high dive cannonball is a good idea while wearing a kilt... I still shudder to this day and think "why did I do that" and hope the 3 people who had video cameras never send it in to AFV.

Well I picked up my new kilt... much to my wife's displeasure...

For all of you whom wear your kilts in hiding, check out this page...

I have Scottish background and as a child seeing men in Kilts was common place...at the Scottish Games. I don't remember seeing the same men wear them before or after the games. I have never seen a diver in a Kilt. I will keep watching out for them to skirt by.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom