new stupid questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alcina

Missing Diva.
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
OK...haven't really played with my new PT015 housing or the new 5050 yet, but did try to remove the o-rings the other day. I can't. Well, I am sure I CAN but not very easily.

Q1 Any tips on removing the second one? The one on the door I can figure out as it is like my other housings, but this one in the groove I would like to avoid mistakes as I get started!

Q2 I am reading that you are all using the flash EV set a bit lower than full for your underwater...anywhere from -.5 to -.7 Is this for all shots or only your macro stuff? I may have been reading too much and now I am getting lost!! Also, how do I set this so it doesn't have to be set every time??? I know I can adjust it while underwater, but I would like to head out with it set and then go from there...

You have Newcameraitis! We've all had that particular disease in the past but it is easily treated and quickly disappears. :D

My 5050 came with a small triangle piece of stiff plastic. You use one corner of it to slide into the o-ring channel and lift the o-ring out. Some say you can use a credit card but I found them to be too thick and stiff. A guitar pick works OK.

Peter Schulz has a great website--->HERE that will explain alot about the 5050. His basic settings will get you started off on the right foot.

Back
Top Bottom