New stupid BC idea

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! Another new product coming in. But I'm still happy with my knighthawk and soon will try the classic plus BC. All by Scubapro of course. :)

I think Gomi that the problem you are foreseing is due to the poor choice of words in the description you cited... "Go up... Go down..." What it really is, and should have been describe properly in the first place, is push up/ add air, push down/remove air... I agree with you that the adding/removing of air with this lever should not be used as an elevator, as the poor choice of words suggest. But rather as a way of establishing neutral buoyancy. In this regards, it is very similar to the Mares Airtrim system, which has proven it's worth (for some like me). So really, there is nothing wrong with the system, just with their description of it which could be a bit misleading to beginners!

Isn't Aqualung European? If so, it could simply be a poor translation to english...

Anyways, just my 0.02$

I think if you dive its fairly easy to understand the concept of what they are doing with it. Its just a little different from the traditional setup.

CODMAN:
I think Gomi that the problem you are foreseing is due to the poor choice of words in the description you cited... "Go up... Go down..." What it really is, and should have been describe properly in the first place, is push up/ add air, push down/remove air... I agree with you that the adding/removing of air with this lever should not be used as an elevator, as the poor choice of words suggest. But rather as a way of establishing neutral buoyancy. In this regards, it is very similar to the Mares Airtrim system, which has proven it's worth (for some like me). So really, there is nothing wrong with the system, just with their description of it which could be a bit misleading to beginners!

Isn't Aqualung European? If so, it could simply be a poor translation to english...

Anyways, just my 0.02$
Hehe.. No, think AquaLung is American - Based in Vista, CA - It used to be known as US Divers. But it is owned by a French company called Air Liquide...

In 1948, sporting goods store owner Rene Bussoz acquired North American distribution rights to the Aqualung regulator, and in l952 launched U.S. Divers.

Soon, the Aqualung regulator was a U.S. diving industry phenomenon, capturing the attention of Air Liquide, a French manufacturer of industrial and medical gases, which bought U.S. Divers in 1958 and later changed the name to Aqua Lung America. By that time, more than 25,000 Aqualung regulators had been sold in this country -- and the public's fascination with the ocean depths endured.

In 1988, Air Liquide formed Aqua Lung International -- now the world's largest diving company – to facilitate company synergies and global distribution.

Today, both Aqua Lung International and Aqua Lung America are highly successful divisions of Air Liquide. With more than 200 employees in the U.S. and over 500 employees worldwide, Aqua Lung International now has 12 divisions throughout the world.

Cousteau served as chairman of the U.S. company’s board of directors for many years prior to his death in 1997. His vision and perseverance enabled Aqua Lung to become a worldwide leader in the production and distribution of the Aqualung regulator, and other top quality scuba diving equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom