New standard for DM Gear Exchange

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm trying to visualize the switching of BCs while buddy breathing. During the exchange obviously you continue to breathe off the same 2nd stage. Is there ever a time when you switch to the other guys 2nd stage? Do you both remove the BC at the same time or one guy at a time? This seems to be the only hard part I can think of--masks, fins, belts would seem to be a piece of cake, no?

The hard part is the masks, as you reach a point where neither buddy has the ability to see anything but you still have to buddy breath while you get the masks straightened out. After that, it's a piece of cake.

Me and my wife/buddy both wear contacts. For those who can freely open their eyes under water, something else may be the challenge. But honestly, nothing else stretched us at all.

I'm trying to visualize the switching of BCs while buddy breathing. During the exchange obviously you continue to breathe off the same 2nd stage. Is there ever a time when you switch to the other guys 2nd stage? Do you both remove the BC at the same time or one guy at a time? This seems to be the only hard part I can think of--masks, fins, belts would seem to be a piece of cake, no?

Kneel down with right leg up facing each other, take off your bcd and rest the tank on your leg. Take your two breaths and pass the bcd/tanks over counter clock wise(you can then put your left arm in and keep hoses clear). Remember to be visibly bubbling air out your mouth to show you're not holding your breath. It's the same thing as the underwater bcd re/re, but facing each other and buddy breathing.

This was actually the easiest bit, the fins were more annoying because of different sizes(I couldn't put hers on without breaking them and mine were too lose on her). Masks require coordination to clear them since the 2 breathe rule might have to be stretched.

Remember to pass the regulator mouth downwards so you're not free flowing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom