New (Soon to be) Scuba Park Near Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Daylonious

Señor Pantalones
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This had a blurb in this months Scuba Diver Magazine.. so I wrote to the guy and he emailed me some pics as well as links to what they're planning for the site. GREAT news for people in Texas.. If you're not familiar with this project they're doing it a little differently, they have a sand quarry pit that they're going to put all the cool stuff in first, THEN fill it up with water. Should allow them to do some nice contouring and precise placement of u/w structures... I understand that they're trying to get an old military tank to toss in there...

Hi Daylon,
Yes, there will soon be a Mammoth Lake Scuba Park! I am going to forward you a link to look at photos of the empty lake, and some of the objects in it. You can also Google News and type 'Mammoth Lake + Texas' and it will bring up a lot of articles about it. Look at the photos/articles, and then I will answer as many questions as I can.

http://main.zgib.net/galleries/hydrosports/albums.php

Clarity? looking for minimum of 10'. Depth? maximum 65'-75'. Size 55 acres

Thanks,
Mike and Michelle
Hydrosports Scuba

Woohoo! We need more good places to dive around here. Thanks for info. Any idea on ETA on grand opening?

I think the articles say it'll take a year or so for the groundwater to seep in and fill it up.. should have plenty of time to acquire some good stuff to dive on.. they're going to stock it with fish as well..

D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom