new Sidemount diver trying to do drills with us at BHB....Problems beyond belief!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice gradual build up.. You had me going for the first half :)
Well, it is a lazy day here in NC, as we watch yesterday's snowfall melt. And I can sit here, drink a glass of wine, and think up posts like that one to amuse and entertain other SB'ers.
The sad thing is, there are too many dive classes run that way at BHB. We need a "Hall of Shame" for the worst instructors that are seen doing classes like this one the most often.
Unfortunately, and I suspect you will agree, classes run like that are not confined to BHB. But, capturing a class run like that on video is a treasure. Thank you.

Well, for those of you that have a chest. . . . :depressed:

I call foul girl friend!! Although the instructor who told me after I mastered this that it was no big feat for me... :( BUT he was teasing.

Reactions: Jax
Well, it is a lazy day here in NC, as we watch yesterday's snowfall melt. And I can sit here, drink a glass of wine, and think up posts like that one to amuse and entertain other SB'ers.Unfortunately, and I suspect you will agree, classes run like that are not confined to BHB. But, capturing a class run like that on video is a treasure. Thank you.

That is why I have hired a Cave Instructor to teach my son's girlfriend and my grandson (who is still under 12) to dive OW. I don't want them to learn on their knees like I did. I want them to be proficient from the beginning. It is so unfortunate that so many instructors...well...I won't even get into that.

Though not a cave instructor, I don't allow my students to learn Scuba from the bottom up. There's just no need for knees on the bottom.

Though not a cave instructor, I don't allow my students to learn Scuba from the bottom up. There's just no need for knees on the bottom.

If only it were in the standards instead of an "above and beyond" situation.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

If only it were in the standards instead of an "above and beyond" situation.
It IS in the NASE standards.

It IS in the NASE standards.

And NASE is the new hot Agency......more like PADI with a strong infusion of GUE based performance ideas ( that a certain skill level must be mastered, prior to a person getting a pass on this...

The sooner the scuba world starts running on a performance based system and not a monetary one, the problems we talk about so often with new students will fade like a memory, along with instructors that condone that belief in "you purchase your card".
Eric

And NASE is the new hot Agency......more like PADI with a strong infusion of GUE based performance ideas ( that a certain skill level must be mastered, prior to a person getting a pass on this...

And what the hell is wrong with standards?....

Back
Top Bottom