New Shore Diving Signs - Cayman Brac!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sue/Dave

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Cayman Brac just installed new shore diving signs! Easy to find. So much better than the small painted red rocks that used to "mark" the sites (if you could find them~ha ha:rolleyes:) Looks like the Sister Islands Tourism Association (SITA) played a part in this.

22089539_874213869412015_7090390354007940853_n.jpg

Link below takes you to the Facebook page of Brac Scuba Shack; that's where we found out about the new signage -
Brac Scuba Shack

whoops; sorry if that picture is too large; I'm not a frequent photo-poster...

That's great news, shore diving has always been sort of a "hidden secret" in the Cayman Sister Islands. On Grand Cayman most of the good shore dives have a dive op on site, but the option is much less known on Brac, even though they have installed ladders at some shore dive sites.

Thanks @Sue/Dave

I will be on Cayman Brac in less than a month. I'm not sure I will have an opportunity to go shore diving but the new signage is a nice addition.

There is a good article about shore diving on Cayman Brac in X-Ray magazine in May 2014 by Lawson Wood (of Dive Guide The Cayman Islands fame)

Thanks @Sue/Dave

I will be on Cayman Brac in less than a month. I'm not sure I will have an opportunity to go shore diving but the new signage is a nice addition.

There is a good article about shore diving on Cayman Brac in X-Ray magazine in May 2014 by Lawson Wood (of Dive Guide The Cayman Islands fame)

Thanks, I found the link and it looks like a great article, it's about time that Brac got a little appreciation!

http://www.xray-mag.com/pdfs/articles/Travel_CaymanBrac_LawsonWood_60_locked.pdf

It's fine... didn't know you could shore dive there. Thanks!
According to my diving hubby, there are quite a lot of good shore dives on the Brac. I only snorkel...okay...truthfully I barely even snorkel (I know, I know), but I managed to snorkel at Buccaneer this past summer. It was such an easy ladder entry and lots of divers were there making their way through the cut and over to the Tibbetts wreck.

The signs are good. What they should have done was invest in garbage cans . Every shore dive site has a collection of junk not blown in from Cuba.

The whole island is a shore dive site, so the signs aren't that necessary. Use the funds to help improve getting to the Brac.. It is a pain in the butt to get there. Probably why Divi pulled out. Minimal direct flights, and always expensive because Cayman Air has a monopoly. My worthless 2 cents.

Great news. Looking at Brac for a mostly shore diving trip in June

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom