New Shearwater firmware for all computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Something else to try. Many Bluetooth chips are bundled with wifi chips. They share a bus, and can sometimes create communication issues.

If you turn off wifi, Bluetooth may work better.

This could be totally wrong and I could be totally misremembering.

But, I seem to remember that when the Perdix first came out, it used Bluetooth non-LE. Then, at some point, they transitioned to using Bluetooth LE.

I wonder if you guys' issue is that your old firmware was using non-LE and the new firmware is only supporting use of LE. And, possibly the BT adapter in your PCs doesn't support LE.

Just a wild-ass guess to consider as you try to troubleshoot.

Good thought but we checked and I have Bluetooth LE.

This could be totally wrong and I could be totally misremembering.

But, I seem to remember that when the Perdix first came out, it used Bluetooth non-LE. Then, at some point, they transitioned to using Bluetooth LE.

I wonder if you guys' issue is that your old firmware was using non-LE and the new firmware is only supporting use of LE. And, possibly the BT adapter in your PCs doesn't support LE.

Just a wild-ass guess to consider as you try to troubleshoot.

I do remember this...v42 or something was the change? I believe it happened in the Perdix, I think all Perdix Ai are BT le...but that's from memory so it's not a very reliable source.

At any rate, my adapter came with the unit. I have restarted my PC, swapped adapters....nada. Workaround as others stated was dl on Android and sync to PC to edit.

The features in this new firmware are exactly what I was hoping for. As I am not able to test it yet in the water, can somebody clarify how the tank switch alert work? If you set up the alert at 500 psi, do you get the alert when the pressure of a tank goes down by 500 psi or rather 1000 psi (so that you have always 500 psi delta between the 2 tanks)?

Their fix was to uninstall the updated Cloud version, and reinstall the older version. That worked. But I'm always shocked when an "update" fails to do something as basic, and necessary, for an application like this. Hopefully they fix it.

Their fix was to uninstall the updated Cloud version, and reinstall the older version. That worked. But I'm always shocked when an "update" fails to do something as basic, and necessary, for an application like this. Hopefully they fix it.
In my experience, the Shearwater Cloud application is by far the worst thing they have assigned to the Shearwater name. I have tried it 5 or 6 times with a few months between each try hoping it will get better. It doesn't.

Do any of you who have problems with the shearwater cloud service use an iPhone? For me it’s been flawless.
Similar experience for me. Occasional sync problems, easily resolved by terminating and restarting the applIcation.

It’s good to have an application that runs on all my devices — phone, tablet and desktop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom