New Seacraft Go! DPV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does that include VAT? In Europe prices typically include VAT -- sales tax -- of around 20%, varies slightly by country.
Yes I guess the 4200 will be the 20%VAT for European country's.

I'm currently in the UAE were VAT is only 5% so I'm hoping it will be slightly less. Then again I have to cover shipping from Poland and customs clearances.

Will update thread with what the final cost amounts to once he gets back to me.

I was contemplating the black tip as this will be my first DPV so wanted something fairly entry level but would cover me for technical and recreational diving. The wife also needed convincing , laying down $8k for a boys toy takes a lot more then then $3/4k I liked the idea of the PTB, swapping them out if I'm doing multiple dives in a day, say 3 or 4 with fairly cheeky currents around the striat of Hormuz. However what put me off the dive extras blacktip was becoming a member on the their Facebook page and seeing people with lots of issues regarding the unit such as cutting out while on dives still showing battery @50%, motors overheating, etc didn't fill me with much confidence. I just had visions of getting swept across the strait and washing up somewhere in Iran 😅. Not fun!

I'm yet to get my hands on the GO but the other Seacraft products build quality is just far superior imo. And I would be happy spending a $1k/2k extra knowing the DPV is going to work when I need it too. I also think the runtime of 220 mins will be plenty, with the ability to stick it on charge between dives without breaking the seal is a big+

Later next year once I've won the wife over and showed her how awesome DPV's are I plan to let her inherit the GO and buy myself a big toy 🤑. Either a future 800 Air travel or a future 1000.

Has anyone on thread managed to get there hands on a demo unit yet? I've seen there has been a couple of videos uploaded to YouTube now and all seem really positive so far.

Does that include VAT? In Europe prices typically include VAT -- sales tax -- of around 20%, varies slightly by country.
In France, VAT = 20 %
So, in my country, the Seacraft Go costs 4200 euros (3500 € + 20 %).

I just had visions of getting swept across the strait and washing up somewhere in Iran 😅. Not fun!

If that is a serious concern, will you really trust ANY single scooter?

This concern was only expressed by the OP after they had read the enduser issues on the BT FB Group.

Was said as a light hearted joke, however similar situations have happened in the past. Not anyone I dive with and they didn't make it all the way to the shore but we're plucked from ocean in an Iranian vessel 😅

Was said as a light hearted joke, however similar situations have happened in the past. Not anyone I dive with and they didn't make it all the way to the shore but we're plucked from ocean in an Iranian vessel 😅
I dive with surface support and proper planning so I intend to avoid this however as I said, I would feel more content diving with a reliable unit.

This concern was only expressed by the OP after they had read the enduser issues on the BT FB Group.

So? They are legitimate concerns nonetheless. I have had issues with my BT cutting out at times (and not for being overheated). I've never had it completely die on a dive. But, I have had several occasions where it would just cut out and refuse to restart for a minute or two. And, for the record, I only have 2 batteries for it. DeWalt 12 Ah batteries that have never been used for anything but my BlackTip. Always charged together, at the same time, on the same charger.

I would not trust my life to a BlackTip.

But, that was my point: I wouldn't trust my life to a Seacraft or a Logic Genesis or any other scooter, either. ANY of them has the potential to break at the worst possible time.

"If my scooter dies, I could be swept into hostile waters and be put in prison" (or whatever) is, in my opinion, not a reason to buy a better scooter than a BlackTip. It is a reason to dive with a scooter and a backup scooter - or at least, a scooter and a buddy with a scooter that could tow you.

Interesting.You can count me ‘out’ as an evaluator of DPVs, even though I have always wanted one, they were out of my price range a long time ago. Yes ‘size’ of the unit is a deciding factor for me as I have made more than one trip down a slippery, muddy sinkhole slope to take to a dive. ( ..example, Troy Springs…) not advisable in full gear if that is the route you want to take. Scuba.com advertised a DPV called Scubajet…no external propulsion and compact. Even with optional handles. It looked enticing, yes I’m a skeptic, however I am waiting for the reviews to come in before I purchase one for my personal DPV. I am an older diver with some leg fatigue issues now, so a DPV is looking mighty good for long distance swims, especially if current is a factor.

giantfroginthepool

Interesting.You can count me ‘out’ as an evaluator of DPVs, even though I have always wanted one, they were out of my price range a long time ago. Yes ‘size’ of the unit is a deciding factor for me as I have made more than one trip down a slippery, muddy sinkhole slope to take to a dive. ( ..example, Troy Springs…) not advisable in full gear if that is the route you want to take. Scuba.com advertised a DPV called Scubajet…no external propulsion and compact. Even with optional handles. It looked enticing, yes I’m a skeptic, however I am waiting for the reviews to come in before I purchase one for my personal DPV. I am an older diver with some leg fatigue issues now, so a DPV is looking mighty good for long distance swims, especially if current is a factor.

giantfroginthepool

I think you're in the wrong thread for your wants/needs. Scubajet is a toy, not a DPV. I hope you never have to rely on it, especially if current is a factor.

Back
Top Bottom