New Savannah, GA SCUBA Charter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Up to 20 miles is "normal." Any further is unusual.

There's tons to see... Check out http://www.DeepSouthDivers.org ... Go to "Dive" and then "Places to Dive."

The section under "Our Own Maps" is a great place to find shipwrecks and artificial reefs. A favorite haunt of ours is the Besty Ross, a 430' WWII Merchant Marine vessel sunk in the '70's during the artificial reef program.

rkr3000:
how is the water vis? where do you dive lakes oceans?cost like to know thanks.

We dive the ocean offshore Georgia/S.C., Costs for the charters here (Savannah area) run anywhere from $100.00 and up. I'm not sure about S.C., charters, but Seajay can comment on S.C.'s.

There are photos from diving off shore Savannah at www.savannahscuba.net and S.C. diving at www.deepsouthdivers.org

Vis is decent, but you never really know until you get out there. I've dove offshore Sav. with vis as good as 30-40 feet, but then again, as little as 5 foot.

Grays Reef is nice, but I prefer the wrecks offshore Sav. I haven't ventured to S.C., yet, but hopefully we will this summer at some point.

Andrea

andrea31419:
We dive the ocean offshore Georgia/S.C., Costs for the charters here (Savannah area) run anywhere from $100.00 and up. I'm not sure about S.C., charters, but Seajay can comment on S.C.'s.

There are photos from diving off shore Savannah at www.savannahscuba.net and S.C. diving at www.deepsouthdivers.org

Vis is decent, but you never really know until you get out there. I've dove offshore Sav. with vis as good as 30-40 feet, but then again, as little as 5 foot.

Grays Reef is nice, but I prefer the wrecks offshore Sav. I haven't ventured to S.C., yet, but hopefully we will this summer at some point.

Andrea
cool sites .I wished i'd live there!Thanks for info.

SeaJay:
Any good?

You know, Tybee is where they fly paragliders... You know, open a big parachute, strap a propeller to your back, and walk up into the air...

Thinking about doing that later this week...

As one of the powered paraglider pilots flying out there,
be happy to see ya. Come say "Hi", but BYOG, they're not rentals...(grin)

-Rob in Sav'h

ValkingBlog

Fly-by Ranch

ValkingWinger:
As one of the powered paraglider pilots flying out there,
be happy to see ya. Come say "Hi", but BYOG, they're not rentals...(grin)

-Rob in Sav'h

ValkingBlog

Fly-by Ranch

Did you happen to notice that the thread you are replying to is about 6 months old?

Nevertheless, welcome to SB! :wink:

SubMariner:
Did you happen to notice that the thread you are replying to is about 6 months old?

Nevertheless, welcome to SB! :wink:

Well you guys noticed me six months ago, I'm sorry it took me so long to notice ya'll. Of course ya'll get a far different view of the area than I do, Ya'll under, me over, good thing we can meet in the middle. Thanks for your patience with my post. I'll have to play catch up from here... And replace the batteries on my watch/calendar...

Rob in Sav'h

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom