New regulator question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not a big fan of the new Mikron, I had one of the first ones and loved it, when it wore out I bought another one (1st and second stage) and could never quite get comfortable with it, always felt the same that it was never quite delivering the right amount of gas. I would consider taking it away with me as a travel reg for light recreational diving, but my day to day reg is now something more robust.

The Micron has been on the market for a relatively short time. Which part "wore out" and could not be easily replaced?

Not sure what you consider to be relatively short. Pretty sure the first one I had would be 10 years or older. I am sure it was repairable, but sometimes it's nice to have new toys.

Are you sure you are not thinking of the MICRA? The MICRON has been on the market for about 6 years. The Micra was introduced in the '90's. Regardless, which part or parts wore out and could not be replaced?

Are you sure you are not thinking of the MICRA? The MICRON has been on the market for about 6 years. The Micra was introduced in the '90's. Regardless, which part or parts wore out and could not be replaced?

Probably am. not sure what wore out, and it was probably replaceable. But instead I bought myself a new Micron, never liked it. I am sure others might, I never fell in love with it. Just sayin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom