New quarry opening this July in Newark Ohio

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dburg30

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
This July will bring the opening of North Point Quarry in Newark, Ohio.

Feel free to check them out at North Point Quarry | Home of the world famous Sloop Jan Slee or https://www.facebook.com/NorthPointQuarry

I am helping them with some of the online stuff, and will get answers that you may have. They will be posting more info in the coming weeks with more specific rules and regulations.

Feel free to ask any questions either here or on facebook (right now I check facebook more often simply because I have to check it for certain things during the workday)

Thanks!

Sounds great! As a newly certified OW diver in Columbus it sounds like something I will check out.

Great - we need more quarries closer to Columbus! Do you know how deep the quarry is?

Looks very cool, will definately check it out when open.

Great - we need more quarries closer to Columbus! Do you know how deep the quarry is?

I spent some time with Dave the guy doing a lot of the work. I was surprised how much he was doing to improve the location. IIRC the Max depth is going to be 25-30 maybe. They have even reloaded paddle fish into the quarry. HTH

Sent from my DROID X2

average would be 23-27 foot I would say.. as deep as 32' in spots.

---------- Post added April 12th, 2012 at 10:09 PM ----------

I spent some time with Dave the guy doing a lot of the work. I was surprised how much he was doing to improve the location. IIRC the Max depth is going to be 25-30 maybe. They have even reloaded paddle fish into the quarry. HTH

Sent from my DROID X2

Yes, there are many people devoting their time to trying to make it a good dive site. The had paddlefish released last fall and I think there are supposed to be some this season also. I've been in it helping sink some of the items, and just general checking it out, and the biggest fight, like many quarries will be vis. Since the paddle fish are filter feeders are hoping they will help with that some. Time will tell! Big paddlefish would be awesome though!

It will just take the support of divers to let the local city / govt know that it's a good idea to have it, and that divers are good people that will support a quarry. So when it opens we need to get people out there and show how good of people divers are! :)

I'll definitely be making the trip up once it opens. I can't be there opening day due to the fact I will be diving in the nice warm waters of the Atlantic on vacation. Are those temps on the website current?

I'll definitely be making the trip up once it opens. I can't be there opening day due to the fact I will be diving in the nice warm waters of the Atlantic on vacation. Are those temps on the website current?
LOL they claimed they were legit as of a couple of weeks ago.. I need to have him put the date that he updates them. The surface temp I think was more the air temp.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom