New published paper on PFOs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had to Google Plavix; I see it's a blood thinner. Is that given routinely with this type of surgery? With surgery in general?

I had to Google Plavix; I see it's a blood thinner. Is that given routinely with this type of surgery? With surgery in general?

plavix is given after pfo closure often with aspirin so that a blood clot doesnt form around the device, break off and cause a stroke.

I still remember the article in German written in 'Wetnotes' 2 years ago: Their advice is not to close too early, even not if you are a technical diver. They state that with surface oxygen most divers with pfo and had a hit still can do technical dives without problem.
It seems nobody wants to read or hear this, but I found it interesting. For sure when closure is no option (in Europe, you have to pay yourself).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom