New proposed lobster regulations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yak once bubbled...
The hearings need a balanced view of the situation.

The last time some big decisions were being made, it got out into the diving world so we could have some representation. But this one snuck through my radar at least

Do they distribute those meeting announcements anywhere, or do you just have to keep checking back? Anyone know? I'll try to look into it if no one does.

Im just curious to what a v-notch is? As you can tell im not a big lobster hunter

He got really pissed at us because we v-notch the eggers. Why? Because then when he pulls them in next year, he can't take 'em. He feels the only reason to v-notch is when you catch a bug over 5", so when you release it, and the lobster finds it's way over to the back side of the cape, "those f**kers" [his words] can't take them either.

In New England, they take a v-shaped cut out of one of the flippers on the lobster's tail. This is done by the lobstermen to a certain percentage of the female catch. You cannot take a v-notched lobster.

spec,

I don't know how to get advance notice, but maybe by frequenting the link I posted, they may give enough advanced warning to know when a meeting's coming up.

I'll try to do the same

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom