【New Product】XTAR D26 1600S Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys do realize that diving in -7°C to -10°C water is impossible? . . . . . . . this behaviour occurs in 2-7°C water.
The weird thing is that I have two of them and only one exhibits the problems. Both will have the same MCU.
Could there be a difference in MCU batches (one more sensitive to low temperature's than the other)?

(I assume MCU is some abbreviation for the LED driver?)
Xtar, I have 2 lights and 1 of 2 has the same issue in 2c water. Not sure if the other one will eventually have the problem as well. Hopefully this information helps you.

Dear all friends, thanks for your kind feedback on this D26 1600S light! Our engineers have made some tests on the D26 1600S. Above -7℃, the light works smoothly. Testing it below -10℃, the same issue may occur. It’s because the MCU manufacturer has built a low temperature protection mechanism into the chip. If you use the light in a low temperature water, it is suggested to use the special batteries that can be worked in low temperature conditions. Using the common batteries below -0°C, it will have a negative impact on on battery life and safety. And it’s also recommended that you could turn on the light before diving, so that the increase in internal temperature will offset the low external temperature to a certain extent. We will also consider to replace the the MCU without the low temperature protection mechanism on the light. If there is update, will share it.
XTAR, think your tests somewhat went wrong, as not only me, but another people also says that lights went wrong in cold water of +2 - +6( +7) deg. C. I tried to freeze separately light head and cells in my fridge at +5 deg.C. Cells are working perfectly, but head showing same bad behaviour as people describe.

Xtar, I have 2 lights and 1 of 2 has the same issue in 2c water. Not sure if the other one will eventually have the problem as well. Hopefully this information helps you.
Thanks for the information! @in too deep, @Snusmumrik. We will submit your feedback again here.

I managed to get the problem on video. This was in 8°C water and about half an hour into the dive.
Until then it worked fine.

So, should we claim a warranty case to replace light?
Hi, yes, if you bought the light via xtar official aliexpress store, pls contact the sales rep to claim the warranty.

Thanks so much for the video, will also give the feedback to the engineers, and improve it. For more about the after-sales service, pls check: Warranty process|ShenZhen XTAR Electronics Co., Ltd
The diveshop sent it back to the local Xtar distributor, got a new one back and it works like a charm so far . . . . .
So thanks for listening.

P.S.:
Id like to make a suggestion, a cable light version of the D26-1600s would be awesome. (or a cablelight conversionkit, ideally with the option of 2 batteries in the cannister for extended battery life)

The diveshop sent it back to the local Xtar distributor, got a new one back and it works like a charm so far . . . . .
So thanks for listening.

P.S.:
Id like to make a suggestion, a cable light version of the D26-1600s would be awesome. (or a cablelight conversionkit, ideally with the option of 2 batteries in the cannister for extended battery life)
Thanks for your supports! We will give your suggestion to our product department. :wink:

Hi, me and my wife are still using this dive light and were quite happy with it.
I seem to have lost the blue rubber ring on the light head, can we get them somewhere?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom