【New Product】XTAR D26 1600S Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ll be diving them this weekend and will post some video.
Hoping the spot is really tight with minimal spill.
I have a Halcyon Focus 2.0 to compare to.
We will look forwards to your nice videos! Thanks for your supports on xtar lights. :wink:

Would be interested in getting one of the hard goodman handles as shown in the video at the aliexpress link you posted. Do you have it for sale?

Thanks!

Caveat emptor! Bought that light as new year gift for my "buddy".
Light was taken to three ice dives - and all are fails. Tried three different cells - fresh charged,
two 26650 and one 18650 via adapter.
In cold water (+4 - +6 deg.C) when light is turned on - it instantly drops to minimal mode with green indication.
Tried to switch light off/on again - it produced flash of maximal mode and drops to minimal mode with green indication.

Light was taken to three ice dives - and all are fails. Tried three different cells - fresh charged,
In cold water (+4 - +6 deg.C) when light is turned on - it instantly drops to minimal mode with green indication.
Tried to switch light off/on again - it produced flash of maximal mode and drops to minimal mode with green indication.

Pretty interesting.... I've had mine in 6C / 42F for over an hr, never had any issues.... maybe you got a dud? My topside temps were probably not as cold as yours though...

I'll even go out on a limb and say of the 6 or 7 Xtar lights I have, not one has ever given me issues (save for the stupid proprietary battery packs in one, but they were covered under warranty). My oldest is over 3 years old now.

It takes a little bit because of the time difference (for me at least) but I found them to be ok dealing with warranty issues.

Good luck, and Happy New Year

I have 2 of them and just used them the other day in 4C water. In water time was an hour.
No issues and really happy with how they performed.
I’ve probably got 20 dives on them from 30 min to 90 min.

Bought 2 of these. One for me one for my wife.
One works perfectly, the other exhibits the exact behavior you describe.
The diveshop tested it. They even took it on a dive . . . . No problems detected by them.
The diveshop indicated that something might be interfering with it magnetically. (with the magnetic switch?)
So another testdive it is . . . . .

Having the same issue with 1 of 2 of the same lights
Both worked well up until last dive
Xtar wants to see a video of the problem, hopefully this weekend.
Guess it's hit or miss on these lights then.
The one that does work is an excellent light though . . . . .

I have both on a Goodman handle and enjoyed the uniqueness when diving in the group, adjusted like headlights and o was easily identified, adjusted them to a tighter single beam for a little extra punch.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom