New Pro Plus 2 questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

local76sparky

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I finally got to dive my new Pro Plus 2 yesterday:D Its the first computer that I have owned or dove for that matter. Was wondering if any one here dives that computer? I am not used to how any computer would work so I had a question about how long it should stay on. After using it, settings etc. without diving it turns off after about 2 hrs. well after 20 hrs after the dive it is still on. the shop that i bought it from isnt open so i thought id post here and see if i could get an answer. I dove for 31 mins and only went to 50'. didnt have any emergencies so i couldnt think of why it would still be on? Looking for a little advice or help. thanks.

David

I have the same computer. I love it! Mine does the same thing. No worries. I believe it stays on because of the FLY function counter. I clean mine up, dry it off and put it away...it goes off when it goes off. I've only got about 20 or so dives on it but so far it's been flawless. Have fun...

BTW, if you'd like a more technical answer to your question I believe the Manufacturer section of the forum would yield such answers.

I have the PPII and have used it for the last three months. Stays on due to the Fly mode. I also recommend Divenav training online if you are not used to dive computers. The PPII training is what I did to learn the unit. I also set my alarms to my liking as the stock settings beep at every environment change. Works great! The temp readings sometimes are questionable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom