New primary light ! 3600 lumen - smallest light on the market.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you or '' Light For Me'' ever measure light output of light ...... you advertise LUMENS .... so please gives us some data from integrating sphere :D

Manufacturers usually will use only whatever parameters suit them- some provide the power, others the lux, lumens, how many candellas, and whatever- but almost never you'll get the whole bunch so one can figure out butt himself how the light beam really looks, or god forbid, compare apples to apples with other lights...

From pics it looks like 3600 lumens achieved by very tight focusing of beam.

Sent from my GT-I9000

light uses 3 x XML II, each rated 1200 lumen

new finished product pictures:
light for me 3XML II led dive light (1).jpglight for me 3XML II led dive light (2).jpglight for me 3XML II led dive light (3).jpglight for me 3XML II led dive light (4).jpglight for me 3XML II led dive light (5).jpg

Manufacturers usually will use only whatever parameters suit them- some provide the power, others the lux, lumens, how many candellas, and whatever- but almost never you'll get the whole bunch so one can figure out butt himself how the light beam really looks, or god forbid, compare apples to apples with other lights...

agree ... but poin for so called ''added value'' is to give customer test data ...this IMO separates a good product from cheap stuff and the market is saturated with junk. If you want sell then stay behind

words and advertising...

light uses 3 x XML II, each rated 1200 lumen

there is nothing wrong that you advertises for instance : Our light uses inside the latest generation LEDs declared by manufacturer tests UP TO 1000lm .....( led type can be producer secret also BIN too)

if you for example rate UP TO 1200lm (single led not light itself ) there is something overcharged , something something contrary to the manufacturer's instructions - might not be sufficient to guarantee manufacturers of electronic components due to incorrect installation and use ( in that case OK but must be explained not in detail ( like advanced cooling advanced led driver ) and producer of light must take complete advanced guarantee .

In case that is adverised complete light with some data than light must meet the standards which it sets itself the manufacturer of the lamp itself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Between the SINGLE LED tested at led manufacturer lab and SINGLE LED built in some diving lamp is not ratio 1,0 : 1,0 special not in lumens which are IMO pure engineering -construction data than user friendly data

- you have there probably more leds - cluser
- thermal transfer because of shape PCB
- thermal transfer because shape of enclosure
- light output as a result of optics and type of optics ( single led at manufacturer is not tested with any optics )
- driver properties , efficiency
- battery

so in case if light head is advertised in lumens , whole light is measured (includes all previous described as SINGLE COMPACT LIGHT SOURCE with all with all the advantages and disadvantages together

for instance ( if battery is weak or low dimensioned , and driver too .......can single leds ( don't mention serial wiring ) get out with perfect cooling perfect bin type and some medium quality optics a 1200 lm

output?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my opinion and view of this aggressive type of advertising but not in mock style but in a constructive style. Regards

and that can be done

LIGHT & MOTION || SOLA TECH 600

DeepSea Power & Light - LED Lighting

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom