New Philippines International Airport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In most airports around the world, the domestic and international terminals are right next to each other. I don't know why in Manila we have them so far apart and now its only gonna get worse.

Not in Tokyo! :shakehead: Narita & Haneda..... takes more than 2hrs!

Paris either... CDG - ORY

The article mentions closure of NAIA #1 will be dependent on opening of NAIA #3 for international flights. I know the powers that be have been wanting to open up Clark to international flights for a while, so I think this does not mean ending international flights into Manila, but simply adding another option for those that are interested in getting to the attractions around Subic, Angeles, etc? So that will not really affect passengers looking for domestic connections, and I expect if and when Clark opens up to regular international flights, also some popular domestic connections will also be available.

As far as NAIA #3, wasn't that supposed to be finished 3 or 4 years ago? Every year I look forward to seeing the new terminal, and every year it is delayed for another...I do find it amusing that while the original "new premier international terminal" of NIAA #3 sits in perpetual limbo, now they focus on the "new premier international terminal" at Clark.

Clark is as state-of-the-art as you can get for an airport and is capable of taking heavy aircraft.

State of the art? Not the terminal, or at least when I flew there a couple years ago to go to Subic. Immigration line was ridiculous with 2 planes arriving at the same time. Counter people almost wouldn't allow me to take my reg on as carry on as they thought it could be used as a weapon..

2 planes arriving at the same time. Counter people almost wouldn't allow me to take my reg on as carry on as they thought it could be used as a weapon..

well.... you are the Leader in a way a potential weapon ! :D

there is another article that mentioned millions of pesos allocated to upgrading Air Transport Office, if manila was main airport then manila would handle it, if Clark were the Premiere airport then the Governor would be on top of the situation.

GUESS WHO's in charge in Clark ? sounds like ..... Mike.....

State of the art? Not the terminal, or at least when I flew there a couple years ago to go to Subic. Immigration line was ridiculous with 2 planes arriving at the same time. Counter people almost wouldn't allow me to take my reg on as carry on as they thought it could be used as a weapon..

I had the same experience flying out of Manila.They requested to open my bag to check it out. Good thing the guy behind the counter recognized it as a regulator.However, they had to check call security to check my air blower which I had in my carry-on.How the **** was I meant to use it as a weapon? Kill them with air?

However, they had to check call security to check my air blower which I had in my carry-on.How the **** was I meant to use it as a weapon? Kill them with air?

lets see, you may shove it up someone and blow !!! deadly !

A couple more thoughts...

In addition to the proposed Clark upgrade, Davao City has recently added more international flights that should start this year, direct Cebu Pacific flights to Hong Kong and Singapore. Excellent if that will happen. Davao has a lot to offer, and should get more exposure. With that in mind, all this seems like a good step forward to offer more options for entry into the Philippines. Maybe some credit is due for forward thinking, even if the execution of the ideas involves ice cream and delayed schedules...or maybe not, but it could work out OK in the long run...

I really don't mind the present setup in Manila of international flights at NAIA #1, sure its not glitzy, but it works. If I remember correctly, terminal 3 was slated to replace the overused terminal 1 from the beginning, its just taking longer than planned.

terminal 3 was slated to replace the overused terminal 1 from the beginning, its just taking longer than planned.

the question is WHY is it taking so long........ why are they finding ways to prevent its utilization ......

at any rate they should open up other airports closer to destinations for tourist.

Back
Top Bottom