New Petrel firmware version

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lynnpartridge

Contributor
Reaction score
Petrel firmware V07 has been released.

Download it here: Petrel Firmware Downloads – Shearwater Research

This is a recommended update for all Petrel users. Firmware V07 adds new features and fixes minor bugs. Please see the release notes for details.

New features include an optional new gas select style and a battery info screen that shows date battery changed and time on since last change.

Regards
Lynn

Hi Lynn,

Are there any plans to include the feature on the last firmware of the Predator that allows for a customized title. I noticed that a friend is now able to input his Name/nickname/email address on his screen.

Obviously just a neat addition to customize one's computer but it looked good on the predator.

Love the Petrel by the way.

Hi pugdiver,

That feature is already there in the Petrel.

Use Shearwater Desktop to do this. Open Shearwater Desktop and then go to Dive Computer->Update Start Up text...

Type in the text you want. On the Petrel start a Bluetooth connection (Upload Log) and wait for the 3:00 minute countdown to begin. Then click Start on the Shearwater Desktop window.

Best regards,
Tyler Coen
Shearwater Research

Thanks Tyler,

My mistake for not floating through Desktop before going straight to my Mac Dive

Hi Lyn and Tyler. This is a great feature. Can you tell me if I can use the "+" sign on this screen? My home number complete with IDD code is +6723 XXXXX, which looks wierd without the + to tell you what you're trying to dial.

If possible it would great if the whole screen lit up with "Please Return To:XXXXXXXX, ph XXXXXXX, email XXXXXXXX" whenever it turns on. I'd like to think I've got at least a 50/50 chance of getting it back as long as they know who to contact.

Love my new Petrel too. I'm going overseas next week and can't wait to put some hours on it. Regards, Michael.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom