New Perdix 2 owner - setup questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
mountainsean

mountainsean

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi folks-

Santa brought a Perdix 2 and so far I love it (haven't dived with it yet though). I'm a typical recreational diver, so at least for now I have no use for some of the info screens on the bottom row - things like GF99, Tissues, Delta+5, etc. Is there any way to hide these screens when cycling through? Mainly I just want to access 1) the compass, 2) the detailed AI transmitter screen so I can check on my partner's air, and 3) temp and max depth. Everything else is just noise to me while on a dive. I know I can create a mini display with most of this showing all on the main screen, but I fear that might be too much info crammed into a small space, and could actually pose a risk of misreading something (esp. when narc'd), like mistaking your partner's pressure for your own, etc. So I want to keep the main screen with just my tank pressure and my GTR - simple, big, easy to read - and then cycle through between compass, partner's pressure/GTR, and temp/max depth. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Sean

You cannot "hide" the scrolled screens. You get good at hitting the right number of presses, though.

OK, thanks. Bummer.
Partner's air will be hit or miss. The range isn't huge. Not sure why you need that. Teach your partner proper gas management. Will they sit out as well, if you do for whatever reason?
I don't need it by any means, just figured it'd be a nice to have thing. Not sure I understand the "sit out" question - my partner has her own AI-computer and spg.

Not sure I understand the "sit out" question
I've seen well-intentioned people who want to manage their spouse/kid's air because they don't trust them to do it themselves. Sounds like that's not the case here. 👍

Disregard, you’re seeing these extra items because you went strictly to nitrox, try going back to 3 mix. I think you will find most of that goes away

Disregard, you’re seeing these extra items because you went strictly to nitrox, try going back to 3 mix. I think you will find most of that goes away
It does not. The unit came in 3GasNx by default, and that's how I originally had it configured, and it showed all those extra screens. I switched it to Nitrox and it didn't change the availability of those screens - they're all still there. Just for kicks I tried it on Air and same thing.

Again, I'm not talking about the info displayed on the default/standard screen. I'm talking about what the manual on p.16 calls "info screens", which are accessed by pressing the right button repeatedly to cycle through them. There's a number of those info screens that are entirely useless to me on a typical rec dive (e.g. tissues, GF99, TTS, etc.), so I'd like to suppress them if possible so I don't have to cycle through them. It sounds like you don't know how to do that either, so I think we can move on, but thanks for trying.

tempImageJOTFv6.jpg

Attachments

• tempImage13YUlg.jpg
    tempImage13YUlg.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 42
It does not. The unit came in 3GasNx by default, and that's how I originally had it configured, and it showed all those extra screens. I switched it to Nitrox and it didn't change the availability of those screens - they're all still there. Just for kicks I tried it on Air and same thing.

Again, I'm not talking about the info displayed on the default/standard screen. I'm talking about what the manual on p.16 calls "info screens", which are accessed by pressing the right button repeatedly to cycle through them. There's a number of those info screens that are entirely useless to me on a typical rec dive (e.g. tissues, GF99, TTS, etc.), so I'd like to suppress them if possible so I don't have to cycle through them. It sounds like you don't know how to do that either, so I think we can move on, but thanks for trying.

View attachment 762181
I’m trying to help as I just did this all myself, since you seem to have all the answers, carry on and good luck.

View attachment 762181
You can’t remove them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom