New Padi card in mail What is it ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Central Fla

Contributor
Reaction score
2 days ago Padi sent me a new card in the mail, I just got a new card from them about 4 months ago to replace my old cards. It was "stickied" to a piece of paper that says "continue your adventure". This is not Padi bashing by the way I am just trying to figure the card out. The paperwork says my name birthdate etc cert #. Trainer and address and then it says "This is not a certification card" above that it says "Padi validation card".. But the card is identical to my other card. What is the difference between certification and verification?

Thanks
Central Fla

Possibly the PADI Diving Society Card. It's little more than a discount card to show you paid for membership.

I think you can use the validation card until your certification card is mailed to you -- like if you needed to show validation of your certification to purchase an air fill, etc.

Does it look like this?:D

dorkdivercardsml.jpg

Dave
DDHF

No clue but must admit I'm curious to find out what it is.

Teamcasa:
Does it look like this?:D

dorkdivercardsml.jpg

Dave
DDHF
Now this is a card I would like to collect.

I originally had the old grey card with black stripes. Sent off for a replacement card when I came back to diving. The LDS was the one that suggested I get a new card (and they were right mine was split) they prepared the paperwork and we sent it off. The card I recieved a few days ago appears to be the same as the replacement card.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom