Suggestion New Option for forum..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
911Diver

911Diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am not sure if this is an option already b/c I can't find it but..

Is it possible to create a tool that allows current members to invite non-members to the forum.

Meaning:

Input your intended email here:_______________________

From your email:______________________

Then maybe a description of exactly what this forum is and what it is about with a link that sends them to a page where they can create an account and then the person that sent them the link will get credit for the invite/referral..

I realize that I can send emails to friends to let them know but thought it might be more inviting if there was such an option...

just a thought.... I have recently sent out a couple emails tellling friends about this great resource but I found tyring to describe the forum a little difficult in a way... just thought this could be an option if it wasnt too difficult to do or not too much trouble...

thanks,

D

We don not have anything exactly like that, but we do have other options you could use.

At the top of your User CP, you'll find this text:
Your ScubaBoard Referral URL: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/index.php?referrerid=97403.
Use this URL when you tell people about ScubaBoard and they'll be linked back to your account!

Also, in each thread, under "Thread Tools", you'll find the option "Email this Page".

This will open a window where you'll see the following message
You may find this thread (http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229865&referrerid=97403) interesting.

Kind regards,

911Diver
The link includes your referrer ID (97403). You can then edit that message and send it to someone.

just a thought.... I have recently sent out a couple emails telling friends about this great resource but I found trying to describe the forum a little difficult in a way... just thought this could be an option if it wasn't too difficult to do or not too much trouble...
We could write a standard text to promote :sblogo: but only you can tell your friends why you like being here so much.

El Orans,

Thanks for the tip! I will try that.

D

Back
Top Bottom