New online Bonaire Dive Guide.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Howdy folks,

for all those divers thinking on paying a visit to Bonaire, have a look at www.bonairedivers.org .

It's by far the best dive guide of Bonaire you can find, at least the best i've found. And online!

It has a cool interactive map where you can search specific dives, with reviews and pics...and the coolest feature: real time fish sightings! so basically if you are looking for a place where to see turtles, just open the website and voila! you will find where the last turtles were seen.

Worth having a look at, really.

Cutesy navigation.

Content-free (and by that I don't mean $NC).

I didn't care for the site.
Looked like it's geared for a 6th grader.

I like that interactive map, it is very entertaining. Of course we all know the fish move, especially if they know we are watching them on this interactive map!! Cool find Azur!!!

Azur,

Your website needs some more work before you roll it out. There's not much information in it yet so it's hard to appreciate it.

The fish icons on the map just get in the way. I'd delete them. The site does have potential.

Checked with Dive Friends & the book does come in English. My bad. When I looked at the link selling the book everything was in Dutch. Not sure if there are 2 versions or not. But English is definitely available.

Checked with Dive Friends & the book does come in English. My bad. When I looked at the link selling the book everything was in Dutch. Not sure if there are 2 versions or not. But English is definitely available.

As I said above, the version I had in my hands and read with my own eyes at DFB was in English.

Also, on the DFB website, in the picture of the cover of the book the title and other information is in English, which would suggest the rest of the book is in English.

HAHAHAH,, well I guess I have the mentality of a 6th grader. I sent it out to quite a few divers and they liked it as well.( I guess we all never made it past grade school,,,, LOL) It doesnt take the place of "the book" but it is fun and easy to use. Appreciate it for what it is, just another tool to see where the dive sites are located. The fish identification tool is good, but again, i wouldnt trust a posting of a fish siting to be accurate. Have fun with it.

As I said above, the version I had in my hands and read with my own eyes at DFB was in English.

Also, on the DFB website, in the picture of the cover of the book the title and other information is in English, which would suggest the rest of the book is in English.

Yes, and the link that DFB provides to the book leads here: Duikgids Bonaire - GoDolphins.nl

Most certainly not english.

FYI - the NY Times is written at the sixth-grade level.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom