New online Bonaire Dive Guide.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Azur Salino

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Howdy folks,

for all those divers thinking on paying a visit to Bonaire, have a look at www.bonairedivers.org .

It's by far the best dive guide of Bonaire you can find, at least the best i've found. And online!

It has a cool interactive map where you can search specific dives, with reviews and pics...and the coolest feature: real time fish sightings! so basically if you are looking for a place where to see turtles, just open the website and voila! you will find where the last turtles were seen.

Worth having a look at, really.

It's by far the best dive guide of Bonaire you can find, at least the best i've found.

Actually, not even close. It is cute but the information available for each dive site is very superficial. Get hold of "Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy" by Susan Porter if you want the best guide to Bonaire's shore dives.

I agree with Kharon.
Bonaire Shore Diving is a very good guide.

Real time fish sightings are useless. The fish will be elsewhere by the time you get there. It's not a zoo.

Actually, not even close. It is cute but the information available for each dive site is very superficial. Get hold of "Bonaire Shore Diving Made Easy" by Susan Porter if you want the best guide to Bonaire's shore dives.

BSDME has been the gold standard for years, but when we were there last year, I saw what I presumed was a newer book, the name of which I can't remember. One person in my group bought a copy at Dive Friends. It was in full-color, with diagrams and such--very user friendly.

BSDME has been the gold standard for years, but when we were there last year, I saw what I presumed was a newer book, the name of which I can't remember. One person in my group bought a copy at Dive Friends. It was in full-color, with diagrams and such--very user friendly.

There is an older dive-sites book, Dutch author, that is in color and has pixs and maps....but is badly out of date. Can't remember the name and I'm not at home to look it up. You do see it in shops occasionally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

There is an older dive-sites book, Dutch author, that is in color and has pixs and maps....but is badly out of date. Can't remember the name and I'm not at home to look it up. You do see it in shops occasionally.

Found it: Dive Friends Bonaire, about our island, Bonaire

According to Dive Friends, it's new.

You want BSDME? It doesn't get any easier...

1. Drive around island until you find a yellow rock
  2. Park truck and don gear
  3. Enter water
  4. Swim left (or right) for 1/2hr
  5. Reverse direction for 1/2hr
  6. Exit water
  7. Doff gear and get back in truck
  8. Return to Step 1 and repeat as needed

The new dive guide appears to be in Dutch. I wonder if they'll have an english version. I'm going to email DF & ask but my guess is no.

Back
Top Bottom