New Olympic Sport

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FreeFloat

Contributor
Reaction score
Somewhere in the waters of Lake Ontario or the St
# of dives
200 - 499
After discussing new olympic sports and learning that Table Tennis (Ping Pong) and trampoline are olympic sports, it is obvious that there is an abundant amount of clothing created for the olympics. I have decided that with the advent of silly sports (sorry to all of the ping pong players, but you do not belong in the olympics) that we should add a new sport.

The new sport is scuba diving. Tryouts for the Canadian Olympic Scuba Diving Team will take place in the next few weeks. We do hope to see as many eligible divers as possible. To help support this endeavour I propose that we design and produce our own exclusive clothing line to wear at the ceremonies.

If there is anyone out there creative to design the logo, post them here and we can vote on the winning design. Until then we can lobby the Interantional Olympic Committee about this exciting new sport to be added in the 2008 Olympics. I fully hope to have everyone's support and please sign circulate a petition to make this happen.

For details on the Tryouts, keep an eye on this thread.....

I have to agree there are many sports that just don't make any sense to what they are doing there. "Hi i am the Canadian Ping pong champion" Please I think that scuba biving would make a great addition to the next games. I would be very interested in a t shirt to help support the start up of the team

ASh

What would we do? Swim around until we got the bends? "Last one alive wins!!!" Those ping-pongers don't got sh*t on us. We'll show 'em what stamina is!! :wink:

<33 Jess

Wouldn't it be better to try and get a lower SAC rate or stay hovering upside down for a longer period of time be better than an actual race? Or at least harder.

Can we hold the SCUBA events where the water is warm? Some of us are used to FL waters, not Canadian!!! Oh, and a cool obstacle course proving buoyancy control would be an awesome addition to the sport!

Scuba diving could be an event like gymnastics where you are judged on style and difficulty. An obstacle course would work as would things like controlled ascents at exactly 30 ft/sec and holding your safety stop at 15 ft plus or minus 0 ft. We could maybe even have an underwater aquabatic routine with and without scooters. (But I can just hear it already......"Ooohh!!! Great performace by Bob on that routine and the judges really seem to have really liked it with 9's and 10's from everyone!.... except the DIR judge.")

You could also have speed events in underwater swimming and maybe other areas like shooting a lift bag or lifting a 100 lb anchor.

As for holding the events in warm water, I think that is a bad idea. The Canadian team, and at least half the US team would have a significant advantage in cold water where the conestants from tropical countries would either be freezing or trying to adjust to the restriction and bouyancy issues imposed by thick wet suits and dry suits.

We could have a bubble ring event. They could rate you on form, size and many other tricks. LOL

You could have the 100 meter frog kick, the 400 meter flutter kick and the 200 meter reverse skull.

Syncronized finning and deep water entries.

"today we have deepsix competing with justleesa in the 3 meter deepwater entry event. Leesa did a fully DIR approved forward roll with a twist, Deepsix added a stage and a deco bottle for further points of complexity........"

Back
Top Bottom