New Nikon D80 and UW housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellbackdiver1:
Nikon D80 kit (18-135mm) purchased yesterday. 37,000NTD (1100US). Finally........

Down the slippery slope you go :D

...where's the housing?? ...and the macro lenses? ...and the ________? lol

Housing? I have good information that Patima will be releasing a housing for the Nikon D80 very soon. The all aluminum construction and price equals good value for me. So in the mean time practice and practice above water is what i'll be doing for the next month.

Canon S80, WP-DC1 UW housing with Inon lens attachment, Sea and Sea YS25DX strobe, ultralight arms, Fisheye HG20DX Fix Light, Inon-165-M67 len will all be for sale after Nov26.

RonFrank:
Hi BlueFrog,

I shoot the D1x (also 1/500 sycn) and while I think it's nice to have 1/500 flash sync, I still just don't see why it's that important given your example.

D70 ISO 200 1/400 F7.1. D200 ISO 100 1/200 f7.1. Same DOF, same exposure, more better ISO.

The difference between those two examples is that at ISO 200 strobes reach further than shooting at ISO 100.

bluefrogfish:
The difference between those two examples is that at ISO 200 strobes reach further than shooting at ISO 100.

Exposure will be different, but the distance the light from the strobe itself travels will not change.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom