New Name

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capnsnott

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,
Recently I made an abrupt and painful change in my life, I left four wheeling all together. After almost 12 years of general wheeling and five years of hard core wheeling, I can't stand to deal with one more govt office and one more person who can't clean up after themselves. I spent two years doing land use and club support.
I sold my rock buggy, my spare parts, my trailer and a bunch of tools.
The name Dr. Frankenmule came from my rock buggy's name "Frankenmule" and the fact that I custom built or modified every part.
I could no longer stand to use the name.
Soooo
I went back to a name I used for many years as well.
Capnsnott!!!!
It comes from an old Dr. Demento radio program called "Star Dreg" It was a comedy spoof Star Trek takeoff. I took Captain Jerk and Mr. Snott and combined them....

Tech Admin changed the name for me since I happened to have a good reason.

asta
Greg

Capnsnott:
Hi all,
Recently I made an abrupt and painful change in my life, I left four wheeling all together. After almost 12 years of general wheeling and five years of hard core wheeling, I can't stand to deal with one more govt office and one more person who can't clean up after themselves. I spent two years doing land use and club support.
I sold my rock buggy, my spare parts, my trailer and a bunch of tools.
The name Dr. Frankenmule came from my rock buggy's name "Frankenmule" and the fact that I custom built or modified every part.
I could no longer stand to use the name.
Soooo
I went back to a name I used for many years as well.
Capnsnott!!!!
It comes from an old Dr. Demento radio program called "Star Dreg" It was a comedy spoof Star Trek takeoff. I took Captain Jerk and Mr. Snott and combined them....

Tech Admin changed the name for me since I happened to have a good reason.

asta
Greg

Heck Greg, a man can only have just soooooo many Expensive hobbies at one time........ :eyebrow:

Welcome sir Capnsnott!!

Yeah, the cool thing is that the cash form all that stuff paid for a new drysuit, VR3 computer, regs, HID light and several more tanks. AND Paintball stuff......

gotta love changing hobbies.
G

Greg,

Congrats on the lifestyle change. I know how a hobby can start to become a real burden. I dropped whitewater kayaking, and haven't regretted it at all. A man can only focus on so many things at once. I'm also making a lifestyle change, I'm leaving the Rocky Mtns and moving to Tennessee. Look for me posting in the Dixie Divers, and I'll continue to lurk and post here occasionally. Really sad that we get a Rocky Mtn group together and I leave before meeting any of you. If any Rocky Mtn divers are in the Atlanta-Chattanooga area, contact me and we can dive.

Ted

Ted,
if I had my way, I would be posting in the FL divers area.....
I'm sooooo tired of being a lizzard, my skin hates the dry air up here.
There should be some Cave Diving down there.....
Good luck, have fun.
Greg

Hey Greg,

Look on the bright side - I bet Rob @ Flatirons is about to become your new best friend...

Besides, a man can only afford one woman and one hobby, and sometimes not even both of those together.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about the diving opportunities. Really there are quarries, caves and caverns in every direction, and the coast is only about 6-7 hours away. My skin is really looking forward to hydration too. I suppose after a couple week stretch of rain though I'll be missing Colorado blue skies!

Wijbrandus:
Hey Greg,

Look on the bright side - I bet Rob @ Flatirons is about to become your new best friend...

Besides, a man can only afford one woman and one hobby, and sometimes not even both of those together.

Since I'm recently divorced I guess that means I can take up a new hobby! Maybe I should have bought Dr. Frankenmule from Greg. As expensive as 4 wheelin is, its way cheaper than the ex :eyebrow:

Very true.
Although wheeling tends to take up more time than most people have. That is unless you are going solo, then it is ok.

As for Rob, it's more like Robin. He's the TDI instructor I have hooked up with. I have another guy in AZ as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom