New Member Intro (New Jersey)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

11B3Y

Contributor
Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

I am a new member of this board and would like to introduce myself. I am a resident of New Jersey, and am currently employed as a network engineer.

I was PADI OW certified in the Republic of Panama in 1983. I made multiple dives while stationed in Panama, and then Hawaii in the mid 80's. I moved to NJ in 90' and sold all my gear, thinking I would never dive again.

I went on vacation to Turks & Caicos in 2001 (my wife Elaine's idea actually) and guess what? Took the refresher course and off on a two tank boat dive; then in 2002, Curacao. I was hooked again. I have decided to get a set of personal gear and dive as much as being a warm water diver in NJ can manage.

Thanks again to all who make this board possible, I have already learned a lot.

Thomas

PS I already have a post in the BC forum. :)

Welcome to the boards!!

If you could learn to like cold water there's a lot of diving nearby!! :wink:

I also enjoy the warm Caribean waters.

See you 'round the boards!!:)

Glad to have you aboard. Enjoy the board.

Chad

Hi Thomas,
Welcome to the boards, from anothe warm water diver from NJ!!
My friends tell me that there is great diving in this area-if you can readjust your concept of "warm". :)
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to do that-in terms of equipment or mindset. So-its the Carribean-when vacations and budget allow.
In between, this board is the place to be!
Good luck,
Mike

welcome to the board 11B3Y, nice that you returned to the world of scuba.:)

Tavi, ckharlan66, miked, and gemma:

Thanks for the warm welcome, I look forward to getting to know all of you better in the near future.

Tavi - thanks for the invite, (re: FredT BP setup) knowing my inability to figure out drawings, I might have to take you up on your offer.

gemma - loved those underwater photo's! Thanks for the link to your website.

Sincerely,

Thomas

Hello Thomas

Welcome to the board and back to diving. I've been diving only for a year, but am hooked big time. I actualy think I prefer the cold water up here vs the warm water dives I've been on. They say once you dive NJ, you can dive anywhere. So if you want to get out around here, give a shout... there are a fair amount of local divers on here and some pretty good clubs around too.

Ty

tchil01,

Thanks for the welcome and the kind invitation. If possible, I'd like to go along as a "bubble watcher" on one of your dive trips? I am certainly open to diving in NJ, it will just take a while to get all geared up with the extra necessities cold water diving requires.

I have most of the necessary gear already; 3/2 SeaQuest wetsuit (warm water I know) fins, mask, snorkel, Apek ATX 50 reg/ ATX 40 octo, and a brand spanking new FredT BP en route. That gear, plus my dive cruise this summer, has reached the limit of the family "CFO's" (aka Elaine, my wife) tolerence!

I can take a look at what you guys use and go from there. All in good time....

Thomas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom