New member in Arlington

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

travisj

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everybody, I live in Arlington, Texas and would like to get back to diving more than 1-2 times a year on vacations and training classes. If anyone in North Texas needs an additional weekend dive buddy, send me a private message and I'll give you my personal contact info. I'm Advanced Open Water, have all my own gear, and looking to take the Rescue Diver course. I'm also headed to Cancun the last week of August this year.

Besides diving, I have a 22' Chrysler C22 Sailboat on Joe Pool Lake.

Welcome to the Swamp!!

I to am here in Arlington.....'hub' of the DFW metro area.

Glad to here you are wanting to expand your yearly scuba diving---great idea.

:D

PS--to bad Joe Pool Lake is not a good place for diving.....:(

Howdy. Which is your usual local dive shop? I'm taking a rescue course this week with Surface Interval on Abrams in Arlington - started Tuesday, you just missed it! I live in southern Grand Prairie but right on the border (daughter is in Arl School district).

I usually buddy with my wife but she's on extended work assignment out of state, so I'll be needing a buddy myself to stay wet this summer. Surface Interval's also having a Diver's Day Out at Clear Springs in Terrell the first weekend in June...would be a good place to meet other potential dive buds.

RTRski:
Howdy. Which is your usual local dive shop? I'm taking a rescue course this week with Surface Interval on Abrams in Arlington - started Tuesday, you just missed it!

SIS is a good shop....you will learn some valuable info./skills in your Rescue class....have fun!!

Howdy, and welcome to the swamp!
Some friends and I are diving at Lake Elmer Thomas this Saturday. You're welcome to come (see the thread posted about it...). We also try to have dives at least once a month throughout the summer and into the fall. Hope to see you at some of them.

Welcome as well --- Swampers are a great group of people and very welcoming to new folks (like me). I'd love to join the group over Memorial Day weekend, but I'm committed to staining my fence :rofl3: and thus won't be there.

I will be out at Clear Springs this Saturday AM as will some other Swampers. PM me if you want to join us.

texdiveguy:
SSI is a good shop....you will learn some valuable info./skills in your Rescue class....have fun!!

Where is SSI? I have not heard of that shop yet.....:eyebrow: :wink:

Debraw:
Where is SSI? I have not heard of that shop yet.....:eyebrow: :wink:

:11:

Its been a LONG day....SIS rocks!!

:D

SSI?....Oh, yeah, that Scuba Stuff Importers place? Closed down. Something about all the wetsuits being offbrand items made in sweatshops by underpaid baby harp seals overseen by vicious Canadians with spiked mallets...

Back
Top Bottom