New Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kjc1989ds

Reaction score
just bought 2 new masks. was wondering what should i do to prepare the glass? i have heard all sorts of different methods (toothpaste, special stuff, other stuff) and was wondering what way is best?

thanks

Toothpaste a few times. Scrub really well using your finger or cloth. Then spit and rinse before each dive. :D

Toothpaste (not gel) is the tried and true method

But don't use the aromatic toothpastes! :D Spearmint Etc can hurt your eyes if not COMPLETELY rinsed out. I will soak the mask in warm water and make sure the there are NO traces.

If you have a frameless mask you're going to have to do it more than a couple times. The manufacturing process leaves a much thicker layer of silicone on the the lens. I had to scrub mine six times before it stopped fogging.

A

Scrub as indicated (toothpaste, Softscrub)
Run cold tap water and chill the lenses
Hold the mask up to your face and exhale your deepest ,steamiest breath into the thing.
If it fogs, scrub some more and repeat the chill test.
Eventually you will see the stuborn spots.
Repeat until they are all gone.

Once you have it this clean alomst anyhitng will work as an ant-fog.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom