New Marina Slips by Ferry Pier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe the picture angle is deceiving but there does not appear to be much room to get into and out of each docking location/slip.

I like the pelican shaped mooring points.

The reality is that the slips are only about 30 ft deep, and with very little room to maneuver in and out. I can't imagine how any "yacht" could use those spaces. Maybe it will be useful as a dinghy dock for the big yachts to land at and that makes sense. But why would a dinghy need power and water?

Dave

And... you'd need a ladder to climb unto the dock from a dingy!
I think it might have looked good on paper...

Appears to be a boondoggle (not diss'ing Mexico, the USA is a leader in this field) wonder who got paid to build it?

Speaking of the devil.... My eyes almost pop out when I saw this today in afternoon.

rsz_img_0725.jpg

The reality is that the slips are only about 30 ft deep,...

Agree that size and turning room is the biggest problem.
FYI,,,The Oasis of the Seas (almost largest cruiser on the ocean) ONLY drafts 30 feet deep.

Agree that size and turning room is the biggest problem.
FYI,,,The Oasis of the Seas (almost largest cruiser on the ocean) ONLY drafts 30 feet deep.

I think he meant the depth/length of the slip not the depth of the water. Too small for any yachts, but perfect for my 28'. Only problem would be getting it to Coz. Turning is no problem for a twin screw or a bowthruster. The real problem is that there is no shelter from the wind and waves so it would be uncomfortable for overnighting.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom