New Marina Slips by Ferry Pier

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I am ever so fortunate as to have a liveaboard in the Caribbean, I would be happy to have you aboard and demonstrate the importance of a blender. ... a blender is indispensable boating equipment.

Electric? For the blender?
We don' need no steenkin shore power!

Here's a popular item:

The Daiquiri Whacker Gas Powered Portable Blender

or, if you're really an Advanced TechBlender, you could even blend with your own trimix for the world's most expensive daquiris:

VitaMix Air Powered Blender Runs On Compressed Air

I could comment on every point -
Please do so in the Pub. Thanks.

For those who still don't or refuse to understand: If a law is passed that DIRECTLY affects diving, then it's OK to discuss here in the Coz forum. IE "Diving banned in the Mayor's swimming pool!" On the other hand, no matter how heinous or corrupt you think the current (or former) politicians are, keep that in the Pub. Let's keep ScubaBoard's Coz section about diving and your favorite Margarita!!! Sure, we are having to delete far more political posts in the US sections, but that doesn't make them right here. As @Storker posted: No politics: just diving.

Rather than take this thread off topic any further, please start another thread in Site Support. All OT posts from this point will be simply deleted. Thanks!

Please do so in the Pub. Thanks.

For those who still don't or refuse to understand: If a law is passed that DIRECTLY affects diving, then it's OK to discuss here in the Coz forum. IE "Diving banned in the Mayor's swimming pool!" On the other hand, no matter how heinous or corrupt you think the current (or former) politicians are, keep that in the Pub. Let's keep ScubaBoard's Coz section about diving and your favorite Margarita!!! Sure, we are having to delete far more political posts in the US sections, but that doesn't make them right here. As @Storker posted: No politics: just diving.

Rather than take this thread off topic any further, please start another thread in Site Support. All OT posts from this point will be simply deleted. Thanks!

Has the topic of this thread ever had anything to do with scuba diving?

Well the news part of it was interesting about aquatic activities and the new pier. It has a tangent to diving.

Dear Chief,

Yes, there are many island issues that affect the diving and this "marina" should have been of interest to all who have an interest in Cozumel. On the other hand I completely understand how it devolved into politics, which I participated in, and agree that this forum is not the place for that. I gotta be more careful.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Well, one thing I learned in this thread is that Vitamix makes an air powered blender. This means I could take one on a dive in Cozumel and maybe make a lionfish smoothie to enjoy on my safety stop! That's certainly dive-related.

The "marina" in front of Palmeras Restaurant is officially named "Atracadero Sur de Muelle Fiscal de San Miguel." If they start using an acronym, I guess it will be something like ASMFSMQROO. It is now finished and under the administration of APIQROO, the same folks who administer the other two marinas on Cozumel.

The problem is, they (APIQROO) have not decided how much to charge for boats to dock there yet. The water and electricity are hooked up, all the hardware and signage is installed, and the facility has been formally turned over to APIQROO, but they say until they decide on the price to dock, only local glass bottom boats and the like can use the facility to pick up and unload passengers. They said they might have a price fixed in the coming year (2017) and it may be the same price as their other two marinas, but they don't know yet.

Once they have the price fixed and you have a boat you want to dock (say, you are coming over from Tampa, FL), you can reach them on marine channel 06 and ask for a slip to be assigned. If the weather looks like it will be good for the next few days (meaning no nortes are on the way), they will assign you a slip, and also arrange for the port captain and other officials to come down and clear your vessel through customs and immigration.

Your boat must be under 50 feet overall, and have a draft shallow enough to dock at the shallow slips.

Perhaps once they see that the atracadero will not fill up with visiting boats from the mainland and other countries, they will start to assign slips to local work boats, but that remains to be seen.

Well, one thing I learned in this thread is that Vitamix makes an air powered blender. This means I could take one on a dive in Cozumel and maybe make a lionfish smoothie to enjoy on my safety stop! That's certainly dive-related.

Shark bait! I take it sharks don't bug lionfish hunters in Coz? Back in the Brac our DM was the source of much entertainment (to her detriment) when a reef shark reeeeealy wanted the lionfish in the bucket. She sure moved in a hurry. We enjoyed seeing the reefie, over and over.

Here is a picture of new marina slips as of Jan 29 2017.

rsz_img_0677.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom