New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks for your usual support.
mail is on the way.

Ok - so the .SDE file (which is really just a zip) was unarchiving slightly differently than macdive was expecting. For now, the easy way to fix this is just unzip it, then rezip it manually without the Divelogs folder.

I'll throw a fix in the next release for it.

appreciate the help, t0w

Are you are still working on, or have developed, the OS X application for talking to the Suunto Vyper? I use a Vyper and Mac OS X Leopard (have not yet upgradeed to snow Leopard).
I would be more than willing to provide some test data. My wife and I will be diving at Roatan in mid-March and I should have lots of dives on the Vyper. There are lots of old dives already on the Vyper computer as well.
I have the old PC interface somewhere in a box, but I thin it might have been a serial port device.

Are you are still working on, or have developed, the OS X application for talking to the Suunto Vyper? I have the old PC interface somewhere in a box, but I thin it might have been a serial port device.
I have a Vyper, as well as a Cobra 3. Both work just fine with MacDive, provided you get a USB cable to talk with it, as described at the bottom of this page.

I have a Vyper, as well as a Cobra 3. Both work just fine with MacDive, provided you get a USB cable to talk with it, as described at the bottom of this page.

Or a usb <-> serial adapter will work just fine, if you have the older serial cable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom