New Mac OS X Dive App

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm also looking for someone with an Oceanic Veo compatible device. If you are willing to run a few tests, you can send me a mail/PM. This test is for testing and benchmarking the latest improvements to the download code (it should be significant faster).

I have updated MacDive to 1.5.3. This is a pretty small release, just a few bug fixes (some critical, some minor) - primarily, the Oceanic support is vastly improved.

Any issues, let me know. Hopefully this will address a few problems people have been having until I can finish up the new and improved macdive2.

So.. does anybody at all have an Oceanic OC1 ?

If you do, please send me a mail/PM - would love to get some sample data from one of these.

Should have one you can test from by Monday or Tuesday. I'll mail you a sample download as soon as I get some dives on it.

Hello t0w,
I'm facing a problem importing some old dives (not there on my stinger anymore) from SDM2.6 SDE file; the app won't update with a message "no new dives found"; my stinger history shows 77 dives count on it (60 available to download and downloaded to macdive).
when I export CSVs (same data as the SDE) from the SDM the delta is indeed 17 CSV files (dives).
is the a way to import CSVs to macdive? if not, how can I import those missing 17 dives?

tOw, TnT, etc. - Thanks for all the work you have done!

Thanks to TnT and a weekend of sitting at my laptop, almost all of these pelagic models are now supported in my development version - there are a few rough edges, but the next version will support them all. That covers the oceanic pro plus 2, versa pro, vt pro, Veo 180nx, 200, 250, the atmos AI, the atmos 2, atmos elite, and the xr-2, plus a few other models.

I was very excited to hear about this. I have downloaded 1.5.3 and, unfortunately, have been unsuccessful at downloading my VT Pro. Are you talking about MacDive 2 when you say the next version will support those Oceanic computers or am I missing something? Your vastly improved Oceanic support comment made me hopeful :) If you need a dump from a VT Pro, let me know.

Also, when the download didn't work, I went to my work PC and exported my Ocean Log dives to import into MacDive. When I tried to import them only half of the files came through with a Date/time stamp, though they all have that info in the .txt export file. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
LD

Hello t0w,
I'm facing a problem importing some old dives (not there on my stinger anymore) from SDM2.6 SDE file; the app won't update with a message "no new dives found"; my stinger history shows 77 dives count on it (60 available to download and downloaded to macdive).
when I export CSVs (same data as the SDE) from the SDM the delta is indeed 17 CSV files (dives).
is the a way to import CSVs to macdive? if not, how can I import those missing 17 dives?

If you export as an SDE file, you can unzip it (it's just a zip). Then copy out the 17 dives you want and rezip them, rename to .SDE, and import that.

Alternatively just import the entire SDE and delete the duplicates.

I was very excited to hear about this. I have downloaded 1.5.3 and, unfortunately, have been unsuccessful at downloading my VT Pro. Are you talking about MacDive 2 when you say the next version will support those Oceanic computers or am I missing something? Your vastly improved Oceanic support comment made me hopeful :) If you need a dump from a VT Pro, let me know.

I mean MacDive 2, not 1.5.3. Sorry for the confusion. There is no VT Pro support in 1.5.3. The improved oceanic supported I meant was reliability of the existing support for Atom2s etc. All of the other models I mentioned will be in version 2.0.

Also, when the download didn't work, I went to my work PC and exported my Ocean Log dives to import into MacDive. When I tried to import them only half of the files came through with a Date/time stamp, though they all have that info in the .txt export file. Any suggestions?

Can you email me one of the files that works and one that doesn't ? The oceanic import is a little buggy though. It's on my list of things to fix for v2 :)

If you export as an SDE file, you can unzip it (it's just a zip). Then copy out the 17 dives you want and rezip them, rename to .SDE, and import that.

Alternatively just import the entire SDE and delete the duplicates.
it seems like it can't can't parse the data correctly... still says "no new dives found" :idk:

it seems like it can't can't parse the data correctly... still says "no new dives found" :idk:

Email me your macdive.sqlite file and your .SDE file and I'll take a look.

may I have mail@?? (where will i find the .sqlite file?)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom