New light project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'd be interested in a few more details on the interior of the canister. What did you use to hold the batteries in place and have you thought about using rechargables instead? And where did you scavenge the underwater connectors?

I'd be interested in a few more details on the interior of the canister. What did you use to hold the batteries in place and have you thought about using rechargables instead? And where did you scavenge the underwater connectors?

The batteries are tied to each other with solder, tabs and heat shrink. They're just sitting inside the PVC pipe, no extra hardware to hold them in place. The batteries are 16550 lithium ion rechargeable batteries. I'm not really using any underwater connectors, but I purchased the cable glands from oxycheq.

In related news, the smaller canister flooded, and I haven't yet taken the time to rebuild it.

Back
Top Bottom