New light on DealExtreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the fact that is says, "Diving Light" right on the side so I won't get confused. ;-)

what is the beam angle of that light? It seems on night dives, even with moderately strong lights, some puffer fish seem to be playing bumper cars (bumping back and forth on objects). It must be so blinded in its momentary glimpse of our lights that it cannot see anything else. It is funny how the fish reacted but I can see that it is not fun for them.

what is the beam angle of that light? It seems on night dives, even with moderately strong lights, some puffer fish seem to be playing bumper cars (bumping back and forth on objects). It must be so blinded in its momentary glimpse of our lights that it cannot see anything else. It is funny how the fish reacted but I can see that it is not fun for them.

It's a good point that we can hurt our animals by shining our bright lights into eyes. You can always direct the beam away from their eyes, just as you would not direct the beam into a buddy's eyes.

Adam

Indeed Adam, that is one wicket light. It is not 1000Lumens btw... the model was 900Lm before..

I 've posted on the bigger brother of this light... the MJ-850. (1200 lumen they say) Great light, with some problems...

If you like taking a bit of risk... I would advise such a light. It might last for 1 or 2 dives OR it lasts for ages.

Indeed Adam, that is one wicket light. It is not 1000Lumens btw... the model was 900Lm before..

I 've posted on the bigger brother of this light... the MJ-850. (1200 lumen they say) Great light, with some problems...

If you like taking a bit of risk... I would advise such a light. It might last for 1 or 2 dives OR it lasts for ages.

These lights are a little confusing on dealextreme as there are 3 of them all looking similar on the outside, but with different LED and other things. Which is the most dependable?

I already have a 2* 18650 light from Packhorse (a W200 mod) so I'm not really in the market for such a light.

Adam

These lights are a little confusing on dealextreme as there are 3 of them all looking similar on the outside, but with different LED and other things. Which is the most dependable?

I already have a 2* 18650 light from Packhorse (a W200 mod) so I'm not really in the market for such a light.

Adam

I wouldn't just go for the highest advertised Lumen... I dont really trust the 1200lumen version anymore...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom