New law forbbiding calling anemone fish "Nemo"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

klausi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
A province of the Philippines passed a new law forbidding to call anemone fishes "Nemo".

"Anyone who thinks we have ‘Nemo’ in our oceans does not belong in our beautiful province’s waters” provincial governor Carlos Ramirez explained. “He does belong in our jails, though” he added."

More detailed coverage of the new law is here.

:wink:

A province of the Philippines passed a new law forbidding to call anemone fishes "Nemo".

"Anyone who thinks we have ‘Nemo’ in our oceans does not belong in our beautiful province’s waters” provincial governor Carlos Ramirez explained. “He does belong in our jails, though” he added."

More detailed coverage of the new law is here.

:wink:

I know you put this under the Humour subforum...but is this legit? Geesh!

That man is 100% certifiable!

What we need is a law forbidding air tanks from being called Oxygen Tanks by the press.

I vote that those writers who do so be so sentenced: A large person is fed bean burritos and sauerkraut, and the 'exhaust' from them routed into a compressor. A tank is filled from this brew and regulator attached. For every use of "oxygen tank", the writer must take a breath!

@Captain Tim and I were waiting in a south Pacific airport line talking about diving. This beautiful young Japanese woman standing next to us became very excited and said NEMO, NEMO! Her smile was ear to ear and eyes were sparkling. I was thinking 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea until my old friend told me about the Disney animated movie featuring clown fish. He knew because his pre-school grand daughter had streamed it from Netflix about 30 times. Actually, even a salty old ba$tard like me remembers this as one of the cutest spontaneous observations of my life.

Good thing this is a spoof, I would hate to see this young lady in the slammer.

What we need is a law forbidding air tanks from being called Oxygen Tanks by the press.

Not just the press. I've seen "oxygen tanks" referenced in some of Clive Cussler's books, and he's a diver. Maybe it was the fault of his co-authors.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom