New Jersey beach diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's a good resource. I bought a copy last year at Divers Two in Avon-by-the-Sea (that shop is also a great resource, right on the inlet). Didn't get to do shore diving that year but hoping to do some this year...

@TMHeimer Park as close as you can to the steps. If high tide is off peak park hours you should be able to get a spot close by. The park can get crowded on a weekend day in July and August with locals bbq. Bump the thread a two weeks or so before you go and if you want a buddy you should e able to get one of us to tag along. Can also dive the inlet.

Thanks guys. For my one day in NJ I always check out Allenhurst Jetty's surf. If too much I'll definitely check out the park.

Hopefully there will be something to see other than sand. The first round of Superstorm Sandy Beach Restoration was just completed in that area. Although several storms have moved the sand around since.

Thanks guys. For my one day in NJ I always check out Allenhurst Jetty's surf. If too much I'll definitely check out the park.

Belmar, NJ Beach Cam - The Surfers View

I use this site as a gauge for the surf on the shore. It is south of Allenhurst but seems to be a good indicator of the wave action that you will encounter - it gives you multiple views if you watch the web cam...
:)

Back
Top Bottom